Preview of theme customization doesn't work

I currently have a theme installed with customizable colors. When I start customizing it I can select a new color for a specified item, but it does not show it in the preview pane. Does anyone experience the same and/or know a solution to this?

[tried both ie7&ff3, css chmodded 777]

RobertJNL

bcarone replied on at Permalink Reply
bcarone
Hi thegoodfellow

I have found that sometimes you have to exit edit mode if your doing color edits inside the dashboard.

Otherwise, I just change the CSS file associated with that theme, upload a fresh copy to the server and hit refresh. That's the easiest. The only other thing I guess is to ask what exactly are you trying to customize (color/font wise) that you would need to do it inside the dashboard?

-Bill
RobertJNL replied on at Permalink Reply
RobertJNL
I actually do need to use the dashboards customization tool. Currently I have one theme installed 6 times because the client wants different colors for different sections of his website (and he wants to be able to change them himself, so uploading new css is not an option).

And ehm, exit edit mode to see changes? That'd mean I have to save first, but I want to preview different colors, not to override them and then find out I dont like it.

Thanks for your help, still on the search for an answer though.
andrew replied on at Permalink Reply
andrew
It's possible that you may not have marked the CSS file in your theme properly: it could still show up as editable, but may not save the customization within the CSS file right (and then obviously it wouldn't show up in preview or anything.)

I don't believe you should have to exit edit mode or anything to get theme changes to work - this may have been a bug in earlier concrete5 versions but previewing themes should not display the edit barred versions of pages in the preview window.
RobertJNL
a copied line from my css;

.main { /* customize_Achtergrond05 */ background-color: #fff7d8; /* customize_Achtergrond05 */

as far as I know this is correct. I can change the colors, and after i click 'save' it does show it in the preview window. But it does not show it immediately after selecting a color.

Thanks for helping out!

- Robert
RobertJNL
I've just made a screencapture (13mb avi) + extracted my customizable styles into a css, both added to a zip, downloadable at;

http://www.robertmaaktwebsites.nl/customize_colors.zip...

Thank you again for helping out!

- Robert
andrew
I think the problem is that the site/server environment is just a bit slow. For example, it takes a really long time (15 seconds? longer?) to save the theme customizations when you click the save button.

The preview frame reloads after every item is clicked. However, if you move on to another item before waiting for the first reload, your first change won't be reflected in the preview.

Try waiting until the frame reloads every time, and see if that makes it a bit better.
RobertJNL
Hey Andrew,

thanks again for the reply. In the movie i was too quick, sorry for that.
New movie is created from different location (faster internet connection) and had some more patience between clicks. Problem still exists though :)
new movie available athttp://www.robertmaaktwebsites.nl/customize_colors.zip...

Thanks,

Robert
andrew
don't really know what it could be. I know that the frame tries to reload _every_ time you change an item, so really what you should be doing is changing one color, and waiting til the iframe reloads.

But if you do that and it doesn't appear to preview correctly, then I'm really not too sure what to do at that point. We can open a bug on it.