Access denied error upon edit1 user found helpful
I added a page for my client which they later tried to edit and could not. I was able to reproduce the problem he described without fail.
We navigate to the page, click the "edit page" button, click the content area and select "edit." The editor overlay-window opens but is empty except for the message "access denied." The page is now uneditable.
We're using one admin log-in so user permissions aren't the issue. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
the only instance in which something like this occur is if i let my browser site for a while with no activity (while logged in) and then come back later and try to edit.
So, in short, logging out and back in again still produces the same results.
Regarding the steps:
1) I created a page.
2) My client tried to edit a week or so later.
3) They reported the access denial.
4) I logged in and tried to access the page with the same results.
-Try creating a new user and assigning that to the administrators group and logging in as that user to edit.
-Try adding the administrator to the administrators group
Other than that, I've got no clue cause I've never seen that before. One more question though - have you tried adding a block other than the content block? Will it let you do that?
1. The problem is in my 'Home' page. Other pages seem to be working fine. (Haven't tried too much, but could edit content in other pages when I tried)
2. The problem is with SOME of the areas on the page, not all.
3. The problem is NOT limited to Content block type. AutoNav could not be edited too.
4. Adding new blocks is possible. But the newly added blocks can not be edited immediately.
5. I did a 'Move' operation on the blocks of the page before the problem is introduced. I don't know if the problem is associated with that or not.
6. No operation can be performed on the problematic areas (not only edit), I mean, when you choose 'Set Custom Template' you get the access denied too.
7. Deleting of the blocks are also possible.
Go into your administration panel and click Users and Groups.
Now, click on the clients username.
At the bottom of that page, you should see Groups.
Now, click add to group. Add him to the administrators group.
See if that works for him.
This is a false 'access denied', and I suppose that's a bug.
Haven't tried the 5.3.0 yet, I'll check and post back.
Another thing is that the issue is in my Home page. If it was any other page, I would have removed and re-created the page!
Haven't tried comprehensively yet thou...
The "Access Denied" occasionally shows its head when editing blocks and ALWAYS appears when accessing the properties or exiting edit mode.
Running a brand new test site as the administrator and only user.
In my case, using an included template made the error go away - so I'm off to fix my template.
If I figure out what specifically caused the problem I'll post again.
My solution is to provide different content while in edit mode (thus removing the offending "trigger" divs from the include).
Hope that helps anyone else in my situation.
I got the same problem.
Have not figured out in detail what the real problem is.
But as a workaround I found out that
choosing the "design" link to call the "set block styles" dialog and then using the "reset"-button seems to fix the problem.
After that I can edit the block again.
I am not using any block styles at all so this is pure voodoo.
Problem occurred using area splitter with 126.96.36.199. and an alias scrapbook block.
What this means is that the default text ('Access Denied') is displayed because no better response can be obtained.
If you fix the 404 issue, we reproduced this issue, then this ensure the Ajax call works, and the permissions work again.
Painful issue to diagnose but easy to fix!
# concrete5 Version
Core Version - 188.8.131.52
Version Installed - 184.108.40.206
Database Version - 20150731000000