[SOLVED] 'Usage count' of a Block in Add Functionality (Dashboard)

I did these operations and it seems not working properly:

- I deleted all of a specific block (ex.: iFrame);
- I have gone in 'Add Functionality' of this block and clicked on the button 'Refresh', and the result was not at '0'
- So I logout from C5, I emptied the cache, closed the web browser
- I opened up again the web browser, I login
- I have gone in 'Add Functionality' of the specific block, clicked on 'Refresh, and it wasn't at '0', but at '3'.

So it was impossible to delete the block because C5 doesn't give me the button for doing such a thing.

Am I missing something? I do not know what else to do. Is it a bug? Thanks for your help!

Browsers used on Win Vista Family Premium:
Firefox 3.05
Opera 9.63
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18241

Styves

ScottC replied on at Permalink Reply
ScottC
I believe the issue is that if a block is used AND the page is updated, that a new instance of the block is created that is copied from the pervious conents of the block, and that block instance is tied to that version of the page, and that is stored in the db.

When you delete the block from a page, the older versions still have the block on there, which could be why you are seeing block instances that aren't there on the page you are currently looking at.

Again this is shooting from the hip and I don't know if deleting the page would get the instance to 0 and even if it did if the block would vanish :)
Styves replied on at Permalink Reply
Styves
What is the solution for deleting a block and after, install a new version of this same block?
Styves replied on at Permalink Reply
Styves
The only way I found is to delete all the previous versions that use this block.
andrew replied on at Permalink Reply
andrew
This is more of a safety thing than anything else, as well as a way to ensure that orphaned content doesnt screw up a site, and ensure that only people with sufficient permissions have the ability to really remove a block from the system.