Can't get concrete 5 to edit my existing web site

I downloaded concrete 5 to edit my existing website, but after logging
in it takes me directly to to, my site, no editing program appears !
My web site is hosted by 'Hostmonster.com', I set up my web site originally using their 'pagewizard site builder' (which no longer exists)so I thought I could use concrete 5. I am running windows xp home on my laptop and Fire fox as my browser, I have uninstalled, and re installed concrete 5, but still no editing program appears.
Any ideas,

thanks, Robert

robertsparrow

nteaviation replied on at Permalink Reply
nteaviation
If the install went OK, then you should be able to login to the dashboard via the link:
http://www.yoursite.com/index.php/login/...
Adreco replied on at Permalink Reply
Adreco
Hey Robert,
Think of C5 as an outstanding tool to build and maintain a new website with outstanding editing capabilities.
What it is not: It is not an "Add-on" to edit existing sites that were not built with it from the start

To convert your site over... the path of least resistance may be to create a new site copying design and content features from your current, and then replacing your current site. This may be a great time to "freshen up" your site appearance with one of the outstanding theme designs you can view in the marketplace!
Your old site may be converted to a C5 theme but I'd think hiring someone to do that is well worth it (just to avoid the aggravation!).
nteaviation replied on at Permalink Reply
nteaviation
Adreco is correct. C5 will not import in your existing website nor allow you to edit an existing website. That is not it's purpose. It is for developing and maintaining website that were created within C5. Sorry.