Custom block permissions for Administrators group no longer work
How to reproduce:
- Go to Block & Stack Permissions (/index.php/dashboard/blocks/permissions)
- Go to Details
- Set "Custom" for Administrators
- Only allow a few blocks, disallow all other blocks
- Click "Save"
- Click "Save" again (in the parent screen)
- Create a user, put him in the "Administrators" group
- Login as that user
- Add content to a page
--> sees ALL blocks!
Note: My policy is that users should generally not login using the "admin" user, but always with their own user. However I do not want to create groups and set all those permissions, because that is a lot of work and totally unnecessary, so they get the "Administrators" group. All I need is to disallow blocks for users so they don't accidentally add a concrete5 out-of-the-box block that is completely unstyled and doesn't fit the CI/CD. The "admin" user can of course do whatever he wants.
Try turning off all caches, clear the cache and the browser cache and try again as the new user.
EDIT, this was on an 8.5.2 install.