Download file block1 user found helpful
However, on one site after creating a download link for a file using the Download File block clicking on the link does not initiate a download -- but the link it generates looks exactly like the links that do work on the other sites.
Instead, the site attempts to open the link as if it were a URL to a page, and returns a "Page Not Found" error message.
Does anyone know why this may be happening?
Perhaps an example would be useful....
Thank you for your help.
Is there any difference in the versions of C5 between the sites? What happens when you replace the file in the file manager - i.e. make sure it actually exists. Have you tried uploading a completely new file - perhaps a file that has never been uploaded before? What happens?
Here it is how I resolved this issue.
1. Go to Dashboard of your site
2. Go to SiteMap / Full Sitemap
3. In the Intelligent search field (top right corner on your screen) type 'download'
4. You should see "Your site | Download File" option, click on it
5. You should get to the "Download File" page on you site.
in my case the page was located in the
It is clear that this page had been move into "locked" are.
6. Drug and drop the "Download File" page on the "Home" page in the "Full sitemap" tree.
It will solve your problem.