Duplicate Content Block to another page?
How can I do this in Concrete5? I have a home page block specially for the jQuery slider images. I would like to duplicate the "block" to pages of my choice. Also when i update the content in the homepage block it needs to update everywhere else.
Currently my home page looks like this:
<div id="Slideshow"> <ul> <?php $a = new Area('HomePageSlider'); $a->display($c); ?> </ul> </div>
1. If it is just one block, when a page is in edit mode, get the block edit menu and selct 'copy to clipboard'. Then in another page, do similar and select 'paste from clipboard'. This creates a copy that can then be edited and diverge from the original block.
2. Add the block(s) to page type defaults. The default blocks can then be edited and diverge from the defaults.
3. Add the block to a global area of the page. (You may need to create/edit the php for a page type in your theme to add a suitable global area). All pages with the Global Area will show the same content.
http://www.concrete5.org/documentation/how-tos/developers/concrete5... (Global Areas section towards the end of the page)
4 Create a stack, add the block(s) to the stack and add the stack to each page you want the block(s). All pages displaying the stack will show the same content.
5. Use the Global Areas block to show an area from another page in a page.
6. Use the Parent Area block to show an area from an ancestor page in a page.
7. My 'Universal Content Puller' block combines 4..6 above and more into a single interface.
very helpful indeed.
My journey with C5 has been very good so far!
Thank you again!
I will have a read of what you wrote.
The way to achieve it is to create a page type with a Parent Area block, or Universal Content Puller block pulling from a Parent Area, in the sidebar of the page type default.
Then all sub-pages you create using that particular page type will inherit the sidebar from the page they are created from.