Images not displaying in version 8.2.1

I'd like to move my production website to 5.8.x in order to take advantage of some new features like scheduling posts, so I created a test environment to try out the new version first, I was previously on, so I first upgraded to (no issues) then to the current

I immediately noticed something odd, being that images I had uploaded were not displaying. I tried updating the theme, clearing the cache, nothing seemed to work.

Oddly if I try to edit a block, the images display, but once I save, it's an odd combo of one image showing and the others are just showing as the text.

If I upload a new image, it seems to display no problem, but it would be a lot of work to save every image on my existing website and re-upload it, so I'd like to find a way to fix this without going to that extreme. Has anybody else encountered this behavior?

I've attached screenshots showing how it should look, how it looks in edit mode, and how it saves.

3 Attachments

View Replies:
stewblack23 replied on at Permalink Reply
Pull up your developer tools inspector and look at the paths of the images that are not loading. See if its a pathing issue and you can just upload the images to the correct path. Try manually clearing the cache files and running the Automated Job Remove Old Page Versions. See how that does.

Hope this helps
EMRA replied on at Permalink Reply
Ended up being a rescan of the files that got them to display properly, working now.
This came in very handy, I figured there had to be an easier way than 10 files at a time:
stewblack23 replied on at Permalink Reply
Looks like a cool plugin. Need to add it to my tool kit when I updated/move C5 site. Glad you got it working.
SCHITS replied on at Permalink Reply
Just had the same problem after upgrading and this has just fixed the problem for me so thanks for pointing me in the right direction!