Link To Page Broken after 100 in subdir.

Permalink 1 user found helpful
I have a dir (folder? page?) with 103 pages under it (in it?). And I'm going to have more regularly.

When I use the link-to feature, it works fine on the first 100 items. And then shows a pagination type "next" button. You click it, and instead of looking like what you'd expect, it displays the remaining items on a blank page with no links to click them.

Hitting back on the broswer causes you to loose the changes you made to the block (or the block entirely, if it is a new block that hadn't been saved yet).

Suggestions? Splitting up the pages isn't really a choice for what I'm doing. It seems stupid that it'd let you make them, and then tease so badly with the links. For now I am making the links manually but this is such a pain when it's a button that is part of the reason to have a CMS....

I'm attaching a screencap to make this clear, if it wasn't.

I'm running the most recent version, but it's been doing this for the past few months. It's finally becoming a priority, so I'm asking.

1 Attachment

lisbokt

Shotster replied on at Permalink Reply
Shotster
Which version of C5? It might warrant a bug report. I've never had 100 or more subpages, so I've never even seen that pagination interface in the dashboard.

-Steve
lisbokt replied on at Permalink Reply
lisbokt
5.4.1, but it was happening in previous versions too.
Shotster replied on at Permalink Best Answer Reply
Shotster
You're right; there's definitely an issue that needs to be addressed. The good news is that I think there's a work-around...

When you're adding a link to a page, such as when editing a Content block, click the "One Level Only" radio button as soon as the dialog appears. That switches to a non-hierarchical view of the site, and the pagination seems to work in that view.

If you're in the dashboard, choose the "Flat View" tab across the top. It's exactly the same "non-heirarchical" view. (Don't know the reason for the inconsistent naming.)

Let me know if that does it for you.

-Steve
lisbokt
If I choose "One Level Only", it only lets me make links to the pages that are on the main root of the page tree, not any sub pages.
Shotster
No, you can navigate the tree by clicking on the icons. It's not at all intuitive because the mouse pointer changes to directional arrows which imply you can drag the items, but in fact if you just click, you can navigate.

The non-intuitive mouse pointer is another issue that should be addressed IMO.

-Steve
lisbokt
aha! I see now. On my computer the cursor didn't change at all. I see it now, and was able to make a link to a page on "page 2" in the pagination.

this work-around will definitely work, thanks!
Shotster
Glad it's working for you. If you mark my answer, it will help others more easily find the work-around.

-Steve