No blocks show up at all and get 500 errors after update

I am not able to add any blocks to any pages. The add block box comes up and there are no blocks in it.

Also, when I go to /dashboard/blocks/types/ to see all of my blocks, it throws a 500 error.

Any idea where I could start to debug this?

adamzwakk

jmonroe replied on at Permalink Reply
jmonroe
If you cannot figure out why the blocks aren't showing...try this to revert back to the previous version

Comment out this line
<?php define('DIRNAME_APP_UPDATED', 'concrete5.6.0.2');?>
in /config/site.php reverts to the previous version.
msglueck replied on at Permalink Reply
msglueck
had the same problem since a non techie deleted a block without deinstalling it. I also got a HTTP 500 in Dashboard/Block Types since there was a reference to a file (actually the controller.php of the deleted block).

I found out which these simple steps:

- Enable Debugging in System & Maintenance (show Errors)
- Try to open Blocktypes which fails (but now you get an error message)

it actually looked like that:
Warning: require_once(/var/www/website/concrete/blocks/six_cols/controller.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/website/concrete/core/libraries/loader.php on line 218 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/website/concrete/blocks/six_cols/controller.php' (include_path='/var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs/website/libraries/3rdparty:/var/www/website/concrete/libraries/3rdparty:.:') in /var/www/website/concrete/core/libraries/loader.php on line 218

restoring that file (copied from another block and changed the class name) showed that another block was deleted. Did the same there and voila block types dialog and add blocks while editing was functional again! :)

Remember: first deinstall a block via block types and then delete the files!!

CU
Markus