Page Types - Page Properties - Custom Attributes1 user found helpful
When a new forum post is created those Custom Attributes are not transferred to the new page. But I would like them too because I do not want them listed in a Sitemap page I created - which is just a AutoNav showing all pages.
How do I get this to work?
I must be missing something somewhere?
I made it work by changing my AutoNav to show a custom amount of 1.
I'm attaching a custom template which should rectify this -- download the attachment and unzip it. Create a new folder on your server:
(note that you should NOT be in /YOURSITE/concrete/blocks/autonav -- just plain /YOURSITE/blocks/...)
Now place the unzipped attachment file into that new folder you created. Go to the page with the autonav on it, enter Edit Mode, click on the autonav block, choose "Custom Template" from the popup menu, and select "Hidden Subpages" from the list. Should give you what you want.
Note that I have tested this a bit but not on a real site, so while I'm pretty sure it works just fine, please let me know if you run into any weird behavior with it so I can fix it (I'm planning on putting this up on the marketplace so it's easy for people to install because this comes up a LOT).
EDIT: This fix is available as a free addon in the marketplace:http://www.concrete5.org/marketplace/addons/autonav-exclude-subpage...
1. In the Dashboard, go to "View Full Dashboard"
2. Pages & Themes > Attributes
3. Scroll all the way down to "Add Attribute"
4. From the dropdown, select checkbox and click "Add"
5. In Handle, enter
6. In Name, enter
Exclude Subpages from Nav
7 Click "Add"
8. Now go to "Page Properties" of the parent page
9. Click the "Custom Attributes" tab
10. In the left column, find the new attribute "Exclude Subpages from Nav" that you just added and click on it so it gets crossed out
11. Now scroll back up and check the "Exclude Subpages from Nav" box under the "Selected Attributes" section
12. Click "Save"
13. Now check your autonav, the parent page should appear, but child pages should be hidden.
If you find that this method is not working, make sure that you're using a recent version of view.php in your custom autonav template, because that's where the autonav checks for hidden subpages.
1. You can either grab a copy at concrete/blocks/autonav/view.php
2. Or you can grab the code Jordan's clean blocks template from https://github.com/jordanlev/c5_clean_block_templates/blob/master/au...
3. Put the template wherever your custom autonav template is, for example SITEROOT/blocks/autonav/templates/dropdown_menu/view.php
Hope this helped somebody!