Updated to 8.5.0 and error logging in

Permalink
I've just updated to version 8.5.0 and I can't log into concrete5 anymore.

I get this error:

An unexpected error occurred.
An exception occurred while executing 'SELECT e.eventID, wpDateLastAction FROM CalendarEvents e INNER JOIN CalendarEventVersions ve ON e.eventID = ve.eventID LEFT JOIN CalendarEventSearchIndexAttributes ea ON e.eventID = ea.eventID INNER JOIN CalendarEventWorkflowProgress cwp ON e.eventID = cwp.eventID INNER JOIN WorkflowProgress wp ON cwp.wpID = wp.wpID WHERE (wp.wpIsCompleted = ?) AND (wpApproved = ?) AND (ve.evIsApproved = 1) ORDER BY wpDateLastAction desc' with params [false, 0]: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'psldrive_c55.CalendarEventSearchIndexAttributes' doesn't exist

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks

1 Attachment

View Replies: View Best Answer
ConcreteOwl replied on at Permalink Reply
ConcreteOwl
Looks like the update has failed.
Did you download the 8.5.0 archive and extract it into your updates folder or did you attempt to update via the dashboard?
I just checked your site and it is using the 8.4.5 code base running out of the updates folder.
Take a look in the application/config folder and see what files you have other than the app.php and the database.php files, if you find one post the code here...
Petersewell replied on at Permalink Reply
Thank you for your reply.

I restored backups of my website and have gone back to the previous version.

I found that the error was caused by an add-on so I will update again when the add-on has been fixed.
ConcreteOwl replied on at Permalink Reply
ConcreteOwl
Well done for reverting to your previous install.
However .. Addons that work on 8.4.5 should work on 8.5.0 without issue.
It is more likely to be a bug in the 8.5.0 code, there are some bugs showing in Git Hub that need to be fixed.
My advice is don't rush into 8.5.0 unless you really need some of the extra functions. .
Petersewell replied on at Permalink Best Answer Reply
I've now found out that it was myself who caused this error by using the add-on web optimization and it suggested that there was an entry in the database which could be removed.

This was a mistake as it caused the whole system to crash and not allow me to log in again.

I've reported this to the developer of the add-on and he's looking into it.

Many thanks for your comments. Good job I took backups first.
JohntheFish replied on at Permalink Reply
JohntheFish
An addon with the name "web optimization" doesn't exist in the marketplace.
Petersewell replied on at Permalink Reply
https://www.concrete5.org/marketplace/addons/website-optimizer

I couldn't remember the correct name when I replied earlier - this is the actual add-on. Excellent in what it does but I shouldn't have used the Database option as this caused my problems.