Upload button Form - acces denied
When logged-in it all works great. When visiting the website as a guest I can't upload (acces denied pop-up). So I changed some permissions settings (add and view files). Now I can upload an file. But as son as ik click the 'x' after uploading a file I get an 'acces denied' pop-up.
Als the file is uploaded, but not in the map I selected in the form.
Any ideas or settings I have to change. Seems weird I have to change the settings for a default form option.
I just want a guest to upload a file in a map I choose with the standard formblock. And not view any other document or maps
When uploading a file you have a choice to add it to a fileset and/or a folder. If memory serves, filesets don't require special permission but folders do.
Go to your file manager, find the folder, click on it, click on "Permissions" and modify the "Add File" permission.
If I click on the folder I cannot set permissions.
What I tried
1) Added a form on a clean install
2) added a upload button in the form
3) Logged out and tried to upload in the form
4) Get error acces denied
5) Went to filemanager and added a fileset called "upload"
6) Changed in the form that the uploads get added it to a fileset ("upload")
7) Get error acces denied
8) I go to dashboard/system/files/permissions and set "Add File" permission for guest
9) I now can upload an file as guest (9a/9b), but after uploading and clicking on the x (img 9c) I get the error acces denied(9d). When clicking the error away. It shows me the filemanager with no files(9e). As admin I can see that the upload is successful.
So I guess I have to set some more permissions?
I just want a simple upload for guests in the form (like adding attachment to this message). Now it is not very user friendly (9b: Guest have to search top right for the upload button). In the form the guest already click on the button upload so this seems weird.
(Since I now have 2 clients who want to use the upload function, any assistance would be greatly appreciated!)
Still can't add a file as guest (so it works when logged in as admin).
In a new website I tried again and added file-permission to guest to add file get an error: Upload canceled or an acces denied.
Screenrecording (switching browsers to show what happens as guest)
As you can see in the screenshot the file is added to a fileset an a specific map (also tried without a specific map).