What's new in 5.7
Want to know about all the ways concrete5 has changed in version 5.7? Learn more here.
Updates in 184.108.40.206
- Broke out debug settings into two separate settings: Display errors and Error Detail level (message vs. stack trace.) Defaulting to show error messages in a nice way (not the detailed stack trace).
- Better fallback to GD when Imagick can’t be loaded properly (thanks mlocati.)
- Improved installation accuracy by checking for PDO MySQL extention not just PDO (thanks mkly)
- Adding global areas back to stacks since it’s the only place where you can edit version history, permissions of a global area.
- The in-page click menu should do a better job at keeping itself from showing up off the screen.
- Improved installation - checking more required items, showing ideal and required RAM and telling user what they have.
- Better error messaging when pre-5.7 packages are copied into the packages directory. Users should be alerted in a way that they can know what is wrong.
- Helpful error notice for users attempting to use topics attribute without a topic tree created.
- Improved page list and page, users and file date filtering with time zone support (thanks mlocati.)
- Global areas are blue rather than green like other areas.
- Improved panel detail scrolling and display.
- Help overlay in dashboard starts lower, doesn’t obscure default buttons.
- Improved My Account Navigation
- Page drafts no longer say “Warning, this is a system page” when you try and delete them.
- Fixed inability to edit or delete external links.
- Dialog help popovers now close when a dialog is closed.
- Improved localization of Facebook authentication type (thanks Mnkras.)
- Improved localization of Dashboard (thanks hissy and ounziw)
- Improved permission checking in the in-page toolbar.
- Bug fixes in block output caching, block caching with assets.
- Fix issues in composer that arise when deleting an attribute key joined to a composer form.
- Fixed bug where CSS files found in a block template’s css/ directory weren’t being autoloaded.
- Fixed bug where clear cache in the dashboard wasn’t clearing block caches, CSS caches, or Environment caches.
- Fixed inability to resize images in Redactor when using themes with picturefill support (like Elemental).
- Fixed http://www.concrete5.org/developers/bugs/5-7-0-1/theme-area-labels/
- Fixed getTotalBlocksInArea with layouts.
- Fixed Character encoding issue in navbar when using apostrophe file names
- Fixed some issues with full page caching on long file paths (thanks hissy.)
- Fixed bug where google maps block wouldn’t load properly in stacks.
- Fixed bug in stacks and clipboard where the scrapbook view wasn’t being used properly.
- Fixed asset path definitions when working from Packages.
- Empty blocks, single_pages, controllers and views directories in the application/ directory should now be present.
- Fixed http://www.concrete5.org/developers/bugs/5-7-0-1/text-area-as-file-attribute/
- Fixed odd presentation of page template icons in Firefox.
- Miscellaneous date improvements and bug fixes in page, user and file searches (thanks mlocati)
- Fixed bug where page type permissions couldn’t be saved.
- Fixed bug where Page Owner access entity wasn’t available for assignment in page type permissions.
- Newsflow now shows up correctly when logging in.
- Fixed bug where topic list block would die if no topic tree was created.
- Fixed bug where topic page attribute would die if no topic tree was created.
- You can now rearrange blocks in a global area.
- Fixed topic list and date navigation incorrectly caching their contents in view mode when block caching is enabled (resulted in links not highlighting when active.)
- Correct language now selected on site language select menu in dashboard (Thanks acliss19xx)
- Fixed bug in page list when no topics attributes existed (thanks Raverix)
- User selector in composer used to throw an error and didn’t work properly. That has been fixed. (Thanks raverix)
- Fixed exception that was thrown when adding a social link with a service already used by another social link.
- Fixed http://www.concrete5.org/developers/bugs/5-7-0-1/css-issue-with-google-map-add-on/ (thanks appliculture)
- Fixed http://www.concrete5.org/developers/bugs/5-7-0-1/cancel-button-not-working/
- Fixed PHP foreach error when installing a theme with no templates.
- Fixed: Attempting to add block at index.php/account causes error
- Reintroduced header menu items. Refactored header menu items to make them work with font awesome, object oriented DOM HTML building.
- Reworked database connection class to use Database Manager, enable easy connections to multiple databases.
- Removed OpenID support from core.
- Added $pkg->getConfig() and $pkg->getFileConfig() methods to create config repositories for developers to use to save package configuration values.