5.5.0 Release Notes
- Completely revampled, overhauled and refined interface in the front-end and in the dashboard. Too many improvements to list here.
- No more scrapbook! Simpler, streamlined, faster clipboard for copy and paste, and "Stacks" for managing global areas, with support for version control and block reordering.
- Improved Installation that lets you specify your admin password, an installation language, gives you more access to sample content.
- Comprehensive white-labeling support, including the ability to specify alternate install packages, an alternate logo.
- Deleted pages now go into the trash for easy restore or bulk deletion.
- Better Page Attributes, including the ability to define attribute sets for page attributes, including reordering. Attributes can also be used with page defaults. Much better interface for choosing page attributes.
- Better marketplace integration, including the ability to read full descriptions, better search, a more attractive and fully informative informative, and the ability to purchase items directly from your website.
- Beautiful new "Greek Yogurt" Theme, installed with the sample content.
- New bulk commands in page search, including bulk delete, bulk move/copy, bulk design, and bulk speed settings
- Page Search and User Search now have fully customizable columns
- Better Anti-Spam Controls. Easy installation of new captcha libraries like reCAPTCHA (available for free download from concrete5.org) and anti-spam libraries like Akismet.
- UI now uses sprites for better performance.
- Make Config values use one database query at startup to load, or one cache call. (Integrated and modified pull request from christiaan)
- More optimized dynamic PHP function calls (thanks christiaan)
- Page List is lighter weight with system pages no longer cached or calculated on the fly.
- Included an optimization job that can remove all but the most recent 10 versions of pages.
- Page reindexing no longer happens every time we set attribute or exit edit mode. Now instead it happens when running the index search job, or when visiting a page you have edit access to (through a silent, non-blocked reindex AJAX request.) (Note: this behavior can be modified by defining ENABLE_PROGRESSIVE_PAGE_REINDEX to false.)
- Much improved performance on the better designed Form Results page.
- Removed the Database class. Instead just go directly to ADODB and add our functions as stubs
Additional Features and Behavioral Improvements
- Updated TinyMCE to 3.4.6, fixing bugs, improving stability, and enabling editing on iOS devices.
- Dialog windows should no longer be larger than the container browser window.
- Cleaner page list block template (thanks jordanlev)
- Departments of France are now included when checking France as an active country (thanks marcandre)
- Default mod_rewrite rules now make it so that pages like "jobs" that match directory names can be created (thanks christiaan)
- Included iPhone home screen thumbnail in the site icons dashboard page.
Additional Bug Fixes
- Fixed bug where top nav optional menu items for sitemap and file manager, and the internationalization menu stopped working in 184.108.40.206.
- When a page is cached still dispatch the render events and set the correct Content-Type header (thanks christiaan)
- Added minor XSS protection to Dashboard message area.
- Included the new concrete5 Content Export Format, an XML language for describing sample content for a website.
- Global Areas can be defined in themes, allowing easy changes to sitewide content.
- Dashboard blocks are now available. These blocks are only shown in the dashboard, in a special tab.
- concrete5's dialog box now seamlessly wraps the jQuery UI dialog class.
- Developers can now add elements/dashboard/install.php to their packages, which will show up automatically when a package is installed through the dashboard. This can include form elements, which will then be passed in a post array to the package's install() method.
- Developers can now specify $pkgAllowFullContentSwap, which will give the super user the ability to fully swap out content for that which has been provided in the the new concrete5-cif format.
- Upgraded to jQuery 1.7
- Blocks now longer have to include add or edit templates. If they don't they'll just automatically be added and edit will be unavailable.
- New Events: on_user_validate, on_user_logout, on_user_activate, on_user_deactivate, on_before_job_execute, on_job_execute, on_job_install, on_job_uninstall
- Rendering a view manually from a controller should now work when rendering from within a controller found in a package (thanks jordanlev)
- In the spirit of the Zend Framework, get() and post() methods can take a default parameter (which will be used if nothing is matched from the get/post)