AB Blog add-on
- NEW Reviews and Ratings functionality (replacing Conversation blocks in Blog Posts, see NOTES)
- Intuitive setup
- Extensive options to add posts, categories, statuses
- Dashboard pages with lots of features and fine tune settings and options for each post and global blog settings
- Comes with blocks: post lists (normal, recent), post, post categories (with sidebar templates)
- Advanced detail filter, search and sort
- Turn on/off info to display in blocks
- Option to allow comments for posts (with core Conversation block)
- Option to disable blog content copy
- Searchable content enabled for blog posts
- Responsive design
- English and Russian language
- Verified to work with C5 8.4.2 - 8.5.4
- Option to install sample content
How to install
1. Unzip add-on file in your site's packages/ folder
2. Login to your site as an administrator
3. Find "Add Functionality" page in Dashboard
4. Find this package in list of packages Awaiting installation
5. Click "Install" button
How to use
See AB Blog Howto for more detail.
- From v1.1.0 core Conversation blocks on Blog Post pages changed to Reviews and Ratings functionality. When the package is upgraded to v1.1.0, all Conversation blocks will be deleted but all existing messages will be converted to review messages. Please back up your site before upgrade!
- Add-on is styled for use with Bootstrap theme.
- Sometimes after numerous post updates, installs, uninstalls and sample content installation:
- if some posts turn disabled, press the post Publish/Withhold button on the Blog page to enable them;
- if some posts show no published page or if page names or addresses changed or you simply want to go back to defaults, either delete and regenerate the post page in post settings Detail Page or regenerate all post pages in Blog Settings;
- if for whatever reason too many posts are created and need to be removed, either delete all posts or all content from Blog in the Blog Settings.
- Save Settings before regenerating pages for them to take effect.
- Global Settings override individual post ones.
- Multilingual support is not provided out of the box and is not included in the package cost. Multilingual setup is possible, however it requires changes in code and can only be provided as paid support.