This is remarkably powerful given its price. A lot of forum requirements have been taken into account thus provided …
AB Forum add-on
- NEW Forum Post Added event sends email notification (see Notes)
- NEW Forum Post Reply Added event sends email notification to forum post creator (see Notes)
- NEW Three main filter types: icons, dropdown, tabs
- NEW Forum Post flagging added (e.g. if spam or inappropriate)
- NEW Flagged and Replies icons added to posts in Dashboard forum list
- Intuitive setup
- Extensive options to add posts, topics, users
- Dashboard pages with lots of features and fine tune settings and options for each post and global forum settings
- Comes with blocks: forum post lists (normal, recent), forum post, forum post topics (with sidebar templates)
- Advanced detail filter, search and sort
- Search by topics, users, content, dates, between or in last periods
- Inline or popup forum post form with secure validation
- Forum user pages with extra options for moderators
- Add/edit/delete/activate/deactivate users, assign moderator rights
- Add/edit/delete/approve/refuse forum posts and messages, make posts sticky (for period or untimed) and/or locked
- Turn on/off info to display in blocks
- Option to bulk add users from Forum User group in Forum > Users
- Plain or rich text editor (see Notes)
- Responsive design
- English and Russian language
- Verified to work with C5 8.4.2 - 8.5.0
- Option to install sample content
HOW TO INSTALL
1. Unzip add-on file in your site's packages/ folder
2. Login to your site as an administrator
3. Find "Add Functionality" page in Dashboard
4. Find this package in list of packages Awaiting installation
5. Click "Install" button
HOW TO USE
See this AB Forum Howto for more detail.
- Add-on is styled for use with Bootstrap theme.
- Sometimes after numerous post updates, installs, uninstalls and sample content installation:
- if some posts turn disabled, press the post Approve/Withdraw button on the Forum page to enable them;
- if some posts show no published page or if page names or addresses changed or you simply want to go back to defaults, either delete and regenerate the post page in post settings or regenerate all post pages in Forum Settings;
- if for whatever reason too many posts are created and need to be removed, either delete all posts or all content from Forum in the Forum Settings.
- Save Settings before regenerating pages for them to take effect.
- Global Settings override individual post ones.
- Multilingual support is not provided out of the box and is not included in the package cost. Multilingual setup is possible, however it requires changes in code and can only be provided as paid support.
- Switching the editor from plain text to rich text poses no risks. However as rich text has HTML tags, switching back to plain text will leave all those HTML tags in the texts. You can switch back to rich text again any time unless you convert rich text to plain, then all tags, images, formatting etc. will be lost.
- Converting rich text to plain can potentially and occasionally leave some artifacts, i.e. there is no guarantee this operation will be 100 % successful. This operation cannot be undone. Back up your database prior to the conversion just in case you change your mind later and want to restore the previous state.
- Notifications are sent only for forum posts and replies added from front end, not in Dashboard (admin is expected to know they've just added a post)
- Please realize that giving users the ability to save forum posts and replies in rich text will consume much higher database server space and reduce the site processing speed. Use rich text if you understand the consequences.