Advanced Cache is an add-on for developers and theme designers. It's aim is to make websites faster via caching.
When to use
- If you have Full Page Caching disabled on one or more pages. Why? Well, if FPC is enabled, the whole page is cached, so there's not need for block caching.
- If your theme contains hard coded blocks or if you want to cache a chunk of output. Why? Blocks on a page are cached by default, but blocks that have been added programatically to a template, are not cached.
- If you want to cache the output of (global) areas or other PHP data.
Use cases of programatically added blocks
- Autonav blocks that render the breadcrumbs or a menu.
- Next / Previous blocks that point to another page.
- Page List blocks that lists pages of a certain page type.
- The cache can automatically be invalidated. It hooks into various Page and User events.
- Define whether it should cache on a per page level. (e.g. the next_previous block's output differs per page)
- Define whether it should cache on a per user level. (e.g. a menu can be different for each user)
- Define how long a cache entry should be valid.
- Possibility to enable/disable caching via a closure.
- It can cache the output of blocks, areas, and PHP data.
- Flush the cache per item via a dashboard page.
- You need basic PHP skills and familiarity with how concrete5 themes work in order to get the most out of this add-on.
- concrete5 8.3.1+
- PHP 5.6+
See all add-ons from A3020