How editable is the generated code ?Browser Info Environment
I'm interested in your addon. As a developer, I would use it to save time and then edit the blocks if needed. However, I have a few questions :
- For one site, I will have a dev, a staging and a production version. Can I do this with only one licence ?
- Does the generated code use Doctrine and if yes DBAL or ORM ?
- how readable and editable is the generated code ? Do you have some sample code for a typical generated block with repeatable content you could post ?
- Once the bloc is generated, I am free to move it to a package and deploy it ?
You can assign 1 (one) license of Block Designer (or Block Designer Pro or any other marketplace product) to 1 (one) site. If you've connected this site to the marketplace, you can use it. If you move from development to production, you should decouple your website on your development (or stop using it). You could of course not decouple it too, but that's up to you. I advice to have non-marketplace connected sites on development and staging. You can still copy/paste over the database and FTP in order to have a mirrored website. So if you have multiple sites, you will need 1 license per site. 2 sites = 2 licenses, 3 sites = 3 licenses etc.
- Does the generated code use Doctrine and if yes DBAL or ORM?
It uses Doctrine XML: http://documentation.concrete5.org/developers/packages/custom-datab...
Doctrine ORM is not yet introduced into Block Designer, since there are still a lot of people on versions below 5.7.4.
- How readable and editable is the generated code? Do you have some sample code for a typical generated block with repeatable content you could post?
It's readable, as you can give the variables the name YOU want them to be. Let's say you want a "Title" field, name it "title" and the variable in the view file will be $title (of course if you choose multiple fields with title, it will add a numeric value: $title_1). Within repeatable items it's more or less the same, but then it's a key within an array ($repeatable_item["title"]). You can also give your repeatable item a name, in this case it's 'repeatable_item', but that could be 'product' too (generates ($product["title"]). The form is as readable as the rest.
- Once the block is generated, I am free to move it to a package and deploy it?
It will be your block, I have no copyright to it. You are free to sell it too if you'd like.