Testing a block for AJAX compatibilityBrowser Info Environment
1. In the dashboard
2. Install the Stack Randomizer block http://www.concrete5.org/marketplace/addons/stack-randomizer/... or Universal Content Puller http://www.concrete5.org/marketplace/addons/universal-content-pulle...
3. Create a stack.
4. Add the block you are testing to the stack with whatever options and template you want.
5. Go to the page and Edit the page
6. Add a stack randomizer block to your page
7. Add just the stack you have created to the stack randomizer block (a random choice of 1 from 1 means the stack always displays), or to a Universal Content Puller block.
8. Publish the page and check that the stack is shown and the block within it.
9. (you may need to clear the cache)
10. Edit the page again, and for the Stack Randomizer block or Universal Content Puller block assign the Blocks by Ajax template.
11. Publish the page and check that the stack is shown by ajax load with the block you are testing within it.
12. (you may need to clear the cache)
If after this procedure the block you are testing shows from the ajax loaded stack, then you will know the block is definitely AJAX loadable.
You could just continue with the Stack Randomizer, or you could with that knowledge develop a custom template for your block based on any of the Blocks by AJAX templates available.