Queries Before Purchase (Filtering, Caption, Responsiveness)Browser Info Environment
I saw the demo and really liked your add-on. Before we go for purchasing the add-on we need to make sure, your add-on has some ability which we are looking for.
1) Filtering: How to filter images in different categories? Do we have use image sets? If we have use image sets, we have to maintain a lot of image sets. Right now, we are maintaining around 250 image sets. We looking for a solution to reduce the number of the image sets. If we can filter by the tags or something that we can assign multiple tags to an image like 'Breakfast' 'Dinner' 'Mexican' 'Italian' and we can call by the tags to the gallery, that will be good.
2) Caption: I guess your add-on provides the ability to show the caption using any template that you provide. But we want to know, can we hide the caption after a certain period of time in the full screen view/ when user clicks on a particular image? For example, click on the images on this page and you will notice, when the image opens, it shows the caption for a certain period of time (15 seconds) and then goes away:
3) Responsiveness: Can we choose specific number of columns for specific screen width or it will behave how you programmed?
Last but not least, can you please provide me with any tech support criteria. Say for example, if I need to customize your add-on and then need support from you, will provide or not, I mean what is the support policy that we have to follow in order to get support from you.
Thanks for the interest.
1. Yes, sorting by tags only.
2. Not for now but i can try to add this.
3. For the moment the image keep the same size, the number of columns is adapted..
4. If you customize the addon you loose the support.. Hard no ? I can help you by 35$/hour.
Let me know !
I couldn't login back back using my regular concrete5.org account and so I had to create a new one and made a delay to reply. Anyways, thank you very much for your kindest reply. I have a few questions more based on your reply. I am afraid, if I am asking you too many questions :)
1) Can we run a query which will add two different 'Tags' in a single gallery option? For example, on your demo, you have options like 'forest' 'landscape' and they are placed differently. Can we make another option which call all the forest and landscape ones. That means then the options will be 'Show All' 'Landscape' 'Forest' 'Landscape+Forest' 'Portrait'
N.B: I am referring to the option names from your demo:http://new.myconcretelab.com/addons/easy-gallery... and I want to know can attach two options/tags in a single one.
2) As you told you can try add the functionality of hiding the caption after a certain period of time, will it be a future update or we have to make custom order for this?
3) About customization: If we ever need to change some css like color or text, will it be violation for the support?
4) Is there any way to set next/previous button in mensory view?
5) The reason behind asking about the customization is we had to customize the css for our current add-on. We have underline in all of our links as we need the underline. But we also found underline in our gallery images too which we don't like. For example see this page at the right side bar:http://exrx.net/concrete/Store/VHI/Kits/AmputeeLowExtRehab... (hovering mouse reflects an orrange underline).
I tried to change our general CSS but it can't differentiate the gallery image link as different galleries on different pages has unique id. And than'ts why I had to make the change in the gallery templates <style> by calling gallery throung php echo();
I am wondering if your gallery behaves the same way and we have to make the change in the template. Or if there is an option to assign a class to the galleries which will not create any underline, that will be okay as well.
Sorry for such a long query, looking forward to hearing from you soon!