This extension allows you to automatically synchronize products from the Bitter Shop System with Google products which will then appear in the Google product results.
Notice that the option is available only if your Google account is connected with your AdWords account and you have deposited a budget, because these are chargeable ads. What makes this extension very functional is how easy the products are being synchronised with Google, once they have been set up.
On the other hand the setting is a bit tricky. Therefore, the package is only suitable for users with the necessary technical know-how. In case you are one of those technically less experienced users, do not hesitate to contact me. I also offer chargeable remote support.
Click on the Video to see how it works.
- In order to use this extension you will need the Bitter Shop System
- You will also need a Google account with activated services Merchant Center and AdWords.
The instructions below explain how to link your page to Google Products in 20 steps and automatically sync your products to Google Products.
- Install the package
- Navigate to the Dashboard page "Bitter Shop Systems > Products"
- Click on the Product you want to export.
- Once you are in the edit mode, click on the "Edit" button at the top of the toolbar.
- Enter the suitable Google category and check export.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for all the products you want to export.
- Navigate to the Dashboard page "Bitter Shop System > Interfaces > Export"
- Click on the "Edit" button in the "Google" list entry
- Choose the country you offer shipping for and click save. (Note: In the current version you can choose only one country for shipping)
- If already not available you must activate the canonical URL for your page. To activate this go to the Dashboard page "System & Settings > SEO & Statitstics > URLs.
- Make sure your page is available externally. Otherwise, Google will not be able to fetch the product feed.
- Now when all settings are made you can start the export process. To do this go to the Dashboard page "System & Settings > Optimization > Automated Jobs" and click "Run".
- The export interface now generates a valid product feed for Google products, which you now need to add to the Google Merchant Centre. Your product feed address is: www.yoursite.com/application/files/google_product_feed.csv
- Navigate to Google Merchant Center in your browser which you can find at https://merchants.google.com/
- On the sidebar, click on "Products > Feeds" and then on the "+" button.
- Complete the form and click on next.
- Enter a feed name and select the second option "Sheduled Fetches" and click next.
- Enter the time at which your feed should be called up and the feed URL mentioned above. (Note: In case you have created a CRONJOB for the feed generating, the retrieval time in the merchant center should continue in the future.)
- Click "Next".
- Congratulations. You have finally made it. Your products are now constantly synchronised with the Google merchant center.
Have you already seen my other add-ons? Click here for more information.
See more of my addons