Doesn't work in all browsers.
It's nice that it's free, but I'd actually pay for this plug-in if it could be made cross-browser compatible.
Stopped working, support missing, avoid for now.
Large Images don't show in Chrome. Developer MIA
Broken and Developer is MIA
Does its job well
Simple and Effective
Pretty easy to customize.
5 stars all the way.
Great job migrating galleria
Great Block - wish we could change thumbnail sizes
1. be nice if we could change thumbnail sizes to whatever we wanted. Tried everything in the view.css, etc. but it is not possible... which is very odd. Customization is pretty easy other than that.
2. ability to crop
3. ability to define compression of image with little preview window to see the quality.
2 and 3 are "pie-in-the-sky" dreams, but #1 seems like it should already be possible by default.
I've got a question actually .. is there possible to change quality of thumbnails ? I have large gallery and to be honest loading all the full quality thumbnails is pain in the ass :p
I like it
Me gusta mucho este módulo de galería, lo recomiendo a pesar de ser gratuito llena mis expectativas.
Thanks! + bug report
The bug: Originally After each time I had been in "edit mode", the order on my 8 images always ended up random. Finally I changed the names to "1.jpg" through "8.jpg" (before, they were a bit longer, and had space in the names, which I thought could be the cause somehow). After that it worked great for a while. But after I tried changing image display size, the bug came back. Luckily I could just revert to the prev. version, or else I don't know how I would ever get the right order again. It's almost fun (or sad..) to watch how the images are re-ordered at complete random after each edit.
(Another minor issue is that the entire browser "blinks" for ½ sec when changing image sometimes, on more that one browser and PC, both were Win XP though; today on Win 7 I don't see it.)
Big thank you for the efforts anyway!
Wish it worked. . .
Support is horrible. It does seem to work in edit mode, but not when logged out and viewing as a normal user.
It's frustrating to have a nice feature like Galleria, which I've used as a stand-alone on on other sites for a while now.
But you expect it to work, and it doesn't, then you waste alot of time posting to the forums and researching how to get it to work, to no avail.
If I'd have know the amount of time I'd spend just trying to get it to work properly, I'd have just bought an image gallery add-on.
Don't tease, please. I know it's free, but if it doesn't work, what's the use, right.
Gave it another shot. Worked like a charm. Thank you so much!
Upgraded from 1 Start to 4.
This is the most elegant image gallery out there, but may I suggest allowing multiples on the same page? If the galleria has several rows of images, it gets hard to navigate b/c the thumbs take up so much room you can't see the pic w/o scrolling. Just a thought.
Killer job. . .killer add-on!
Great, but NEEDS an update!!!
My major glitch: with Adblock installed in Safari, the full-sized images don't load. The thumbnails show, but clicking on them does nothing. Who would've thought, it works fine in IE, Chrome, Firefox, even Opera.
Needs an update
Some nice aspects: super easy to install and use, the fade effect is nice, the opacity effect on the thumbnails is really slick. Like that you can just click the image to move to the next one -- and the corresponding (active) thumbnail is highlighted automatically.
But I can't praise this as much as everyone else. I realize it's free and all, and overall it's pretty nice, but here are some issues that make it unusable for me:
1) Can't easily choose the size of the thumbnails
2) Thumbnails are not actually thumbnails but the full-sized images displayed at a small size -- which means all full-size images load right away and page loads are very slow. This was apparently by design so that there is no waiting to load each image, but is problematic on large galleries.
3) There is no interface for navigating the thumbnails -- e.g. a carousel or even simple horizontal scroller; thumbnails just keep stacking in row after row below the main image. So to select one, you scroll down, click it, then scroll back up to view the image, then scroll back down to select another one... etc. Bad usability. But the ability to simply click on the image to transition to the next one makes this less of an issue, I suppose.
4) Nothing resizes dynamically (to fit the screen/window size). So you have to set your image sizes pretty small (small enough to fit on a 1024 screen, anyway, with thumbnails below).
5) No easy way to change the transition.
6) No auto play (slideshow) mode.
Anyway, I don't want to list every defect, like I said it is a nice block, just needs some improvements/updates -- the script it's based on has come a long way since this was released. A couple examples (and be sure to resize the windows) :
A Foundation type block!
Appreciate very much your work!
I have a huge grin on my face right now :)
Thanks for the add-on.
Love it, but...
I like it
Other than that, it still saved me loads of time!