Pre Purchase QueriesBrowser Info Environment
I saw the demo and really liked your add-on. Before we go for purchasing the add-on we need to make sure, your add-on has some ability which we are looking for.
1) Filtering: How to filter images in different categories? Do we have use image sets? If we have use image sets, we have to maintain a lot of image sets. Right now, we are maintaining around 250 image sets. We looking for a solution to reduce the number of the image sets. If we can filter by the tags or something that we can assign multiple tags to an image like 'Breakfast' 'Dinner' 'Mexican' 'Italian' and we can call by the tags to the gallery, that will be good.
2) Caption: I guess your add-on provides the ability to show the caption using any template that you provide. But we want to know, can we hide the caption after a certain period of time in the full screen view/ when user clicks on a particular image? For example, click on the images on this page and you will notice, when the image opens, it shows the caption for a certain period of time (15 seconds) and then goes away:
3) Responsiveness: Can we choose specific number of columns for specific screen width or it will behave how you programmed?
Last but not least, can you please provide me with any tech support criteria. Say for example, if I need to customize your add-on and then need support from you, will provide or not, I mean what is the support policy that we have to follow in order to get support from you.
1- the filtering feature works based on image tags.
2- about the caption, editor can enable/disable that on grid and lightbox separately, but about hiding i did not get what do you mean. Also the provided link throws an error.
4- for customization, you should provide me exactly what do you want to do and i will give you a qoute on that.
Thanks for your kindest reply as well as sorry for the late to get back. I have a few more queries based on your reply. I am afraid, if I am asking you too many questions :)
1) In your demo, you have the gallery preview options like 'All' 'Nature' 'Shelters' 'Animals'. i am guessing they are tags assigned to images. So, if I want to show two different tags in a single option, is it possible ? Like If I want to show all the 'Nature' and all the 'Shelter' in a single option. In brief, id it possible to show the gallery options like this: 'All' 'Nature' 'Shelters' 'Nature+Shelters' 'Animal+Shelters' 'Animal'?
This 'option' example is based upon your demo:http://killerwhalesoft.com/addons/concrete5-grid-gallery/main/...
2) Sorry for the link about the image caption. Here is a corrected link:
Click on the gallery images and see the caption going away after 15 seconds. Is it possible in your add-on?
3) I am not certain about you answer. But I am guessing we can choose specific number of columns for specific.
4) If we ever need to change some css like color or text, will it be violation for the support or we can do it ourselves or we have to inform you about the specific change?
The reason behind asking about the customization is we had to customize the css for our current add-on. We have underline in all of our links as we need the underline. But we also found underline in our gallery images too which we don't like. For example see this page at the right side bar:http://exrx.net/concrete/Store/VHI/Kits/AmputeeLowExtRehab...
N.B: hovering mouse reflects an orrange underline
I tried to change our general CSS but it can't differentiate the gallery image link as different galleries on different pages has unique id. And than'ts why I had to make the change in the gallery templates <style> by calling gallery throung php echo();
I am wondering if your gallery behaves the same way and we have to make the change in the template. Or if there is an option to assign a class to the galleries which will not create any underline, that will be okay as well.
Sorry for this query.
1- You can tag each image with multiple strings ("Nature", "Shelters", "Nature+Shelters")
2- about the disappearing caption, it's not a built-in feature, but i suppose you do it with a line of jQuery.
3- Yes, you can choose specific number of columns for each gallery.
4- No, it will not violate support.
Thank you again for your quick reply. I have got almost all of my queries answered. I will get back to you soon after I am done with my Boss about purchasing your add-on. BTW, to your replies,
2) About disappearing the caption- It is a built in feature in our current add-on. If it can be done with a line of jquery, would you please consider adding that to our copy if we purchase?
4) Is there any option to assign a class to the galleries which will not create any underline.