Job Search application add-on for job seekers, employers and agencies
- Intuitive setup
- Job Seeker and Employer account pages
- Job Seekers can create/edit/delete Resume, upload Resume and Letter of Application files and apply for jobs online
- Employers can create/edit/delete jobs online
- Extensive site Administrator Dashboard functionality with lots of features and fine tune settings and options: manage jobs, job seekers and employers
- Extensive options to add jobs, job seekers, employers, job types, groups, categories, countries, states/regions, cities, districts, postcodes, subway stations
- Comes with blocks: jobs lists (all/exclusive/featured), job, job types and job groups (with various list and grid templates)
- Basic and advanced detail filters, search and sort, tons of options
- Turn on/off info to display in blocks
- LocationIQ maps and geocoding*
- Responsive design
- English and Russian language
- Verified to work with C5 8.3.2 - 8.5.*
- Option to install sample content
How to install
1. Unzip add-on file in your site's packages/ folder
2. Login to your site as an administrator
3. Find "Add Functionality" page in Dashboard
4. Find this package in list of packages Awaiting installation
5. Click "Install" button
6. [Optional] Select to Install Sample Content - this will pre-install types, groups, categories, countries, states/regions, cities, districts, postcodes, subway stations and a few jobs to help you get started
HOW TO USE
See this Job Search Howto for more detail.
- After clicking the "Install" button, an option to install sample content can be selected. This will pre-install some job types, groups, categories and jobs to make it easier to navigate and test functionality and blocks.
- After installing the package, go to Settings.
2. Job Search > Settings
- Job Search is structured in a way that there is a Job Search page (installed by default) which has a Jobs List block and Job pages which you create in the package, the latter have a Job block and are placed under the Job Search page.
- Page to Publish Post Pages Under is where all job pages will be published. It can be changed any time (you can create your own other page or rename the Job Search one), but all job pages will have to be regenerated to point to the correct parent page.
- Two job page templates are provided: full and right sidebar. All job pages are regenerated with the selected page template.
- Use Random Unique String will append unique character string to the page name for new jobs, e.g. job-page-5e635c9af3fa1. To do this for the existing jobs, pages must be regenerated. If not selected, all pages have a standard date-time string appended, e.g. 20200203115510-job-page.
- LocationIQ API Token can be obtained at https://locationiq.org/pricing. When selected, you can use the free LocationIQ geocoding service to find address locations and coordinates on the map. To show a map with the job address in the block, this option must be enabled and API token provided.
- Delete All Jobs will do just that. ALL job only data will be lost, all types, groups, categories and users will not be affected.
- Delete All Content will do just that. ALL job data will be lost. Good idea after playing around with sample content and prior to making a clean jobs site. Or if you want to start from scratch for whatever reason.
- You can Install Sample Content to help you get started with the package, even if you have not selected that option during the package installation. Note: you can uninstall and reinstall the package without loss of database content as many times as required. However, after this all job pages will have to be regenerated.
3. Job Search > Types
- E.g. full time, part time, casual etc. Types are required to add jobs.
4. Job Search > Groups
- Group Icon image selected for the group will be used in Groups block. It's optional but the Groups block will be empty without it. Groups are required to add jobs.
5. Job Search > Categories
- Categories are optional but jobs looks better with them.
6. Job Search > Locations
- Purpose of the 'Locations' Dashboard page is only to help the user remember or quickly see which locations are available (if they want to do that) instead of checking each individual country, state, city etc., the made locations are not used anywhere else in the package at the moment.
- Countries, states/regions, cities, districts, postcodes, subway stations set up here are used throughout the site for jobs search and sort.
7. Job Search > Users
- Two user groups are created during the package installation: Job Seeker and Employer. At least one site user - administrator (whoever has the rights to install packages) is added to the both groups during installation. The site administrator has all rights in the Dashboard, this is standard in concrete5. Jobs and Resumes can only be made by registered users AND belonging to the corresponding user group. Thus to enable a user to be able to make resumes and jobs and to access the account page, the user has to be added to the corresponding group and activated. Adding a user in the Members area to the group does not activate them.
- If the Activate/Deactivate button is red, this means that user is not active and cannot use the account page or add/edit/delete their own resumes or jobs. When a user is activated, they are also added to the group at the same time. Deactivating the user also removes the user from the group.
- Users can be added/edited/deleted here.
8. Job Search
- Jobs list can be filtered by the Job Title, Unique ID, Address or Employer. It can also be ordered by the table column names.
- If the Activate/Deactivate button is red, this means that job is disabled and not being shown. To make it to be shown, press this button, it should turn green. All green jobs are generally shown.
- Press the "Add Job" button for a new job editing.
- Title should not be too long. It is displayed in the Jobs List and can make it look ugly if made too long.
- Job Unique ID is optional. If left empty it will be set in accordance with the option Use Random Unique String selected in Settings.
- The detail page is where all jobs info with a job block will be displayed - it's created automatically after saving the job. Note: job page can be deleted and recreated without loss of data.
- Selecting Exclusive or Featured options will add a corresponding label to the title in the blocks.
- Country, state/region and city are the minimum required location information. However to be able to find a more precise point on a map (if you want to show the map), either select the dropdown options or enter an address, select the closest server to you, the language and then press the Search for Locations button. It should load available addresses in the select box. Select the one which suits most and save the form. The loaded coordinates will then be used in the job block with a map.
- All list, type and group blocks always links to the Job Search parent page.
10. User Account
- A registered site user can apply for Job Seeker or Employer user account in My Account -> Job Seeker or My Account -> Employer. The account will be activated only after the site administrator approves the user in Job Search -> Users or if the user is added by the administrator to the jobs. Note: applying for the user account from My Account page is only possible for those site registered users who are added to the corresponding group. This is however is not provided bu the package, it is the responsibility of the site administrator.
- After clicking the "Uninstall Package" button, an option to delete all package content can be selected.
- Add-on is styled for use with Bootstrap theme.
- Sometimes after numerous job updates, installs, uninstalls and sample content installation:
- if some jobs turn disabled, press the job Activate/Deactivate button on the Job Search page to enable them;
- if some jobs show no published page or if page names or addresses changed or you simply want to go back to defaults, either delete and regenerate the job page in job settings or regenerate all job pages in Job Search Settings;
- if for whatever reason too many jobs are created and need to be removed, either delete all jobs or all content from Job Search in the Job Search Settings.
- Save Settings before regenerating pages for them to take effect.
- Global Settings override individual job ones.
- Multilingual support is not provided out of the box and is not included in the package cost. Multilingual setup is possible, however it requires changes in code and can only be provided as paid support.
- Only full stop '.' can be used as decimal separator in settings input fields in Dashboard!
- All identifiers, i.e. job unique ID, group, category, country, state/region, city, district, postcode, subway station must be unique strings.
- 2 colors for job icons are provided in the ab_job_search/img folder. They are set in the job and job list blocks controller.php.
- LocationIQ map and geocoding services require API Token which you can obtain after registering at https://locationiq.com/