Job Listing add-on
- Intuitive setup
- Job Seekers functionality added: logged in users in Job Seekers group can create/edit/delete/print online Resume, upload Resume file and turn on/off Resume live to appear in list of job seekers for site admin [ref. Notes!]
- Employers functionality added: logged-in users in Employers group can create/edit/delete own profile, create/edit/delete jobs and view own jobs list [ref. Notes!]
- Section and functionality added for admin to view/search job seekers, to view/print their online resumes and to download their resume files
- Extensive options to add jobs, employers, job types, groups, categories, countries, states/regions, cities, districts, postcodes, subway stations
- Dashboard page with lots of features and fine tune settings and options
- Comes with blocks: jobs list, job, job types and job groups (with various list and grid templates)
- NEW Apply form added to job block which sends emails set on Settings page
- Basic and advanced detail filters, search and sort, tons of options
- Turn on/off info to display in blocks
- Exclusive, featured and all jobs listing
- LocationIQ maps and geocoding*
- Responsive design
- English and Russian language
- Verified to work with C5 8.3.2 - 8.5.*
- Option to install sample content
How to install
1. Unzip add-on file in your site's packages/ folder
2. Login to your site as an administrator
3. Find "Add Functionality" page in Dashboard
4. Find this package in list of packages Awaiting installation
5. Click "Install" button
6. [Optional] Select to Instal Sample Content - this will pre-install groups, categories, countries, states/regions, cities, districts, postcodes, subway stations and a few classifieds to help you get started
How to use
1. After installing the package, go to Settings. You can set a different parent page for the jobs to be published under. You can set and change system defaults there. LocationIQ API Token is also set there. You can delete either all jobs or all package content from the database. You can also install sample content to help you get started with the package. Note: you can uninstall and reinstall the package without loss of database content. However, after this all jobs pages will have to be regenerated. Regeneration is also required if a different parent page is selected.
2. Next go to Locations and add countries, states/regions, cities, districts, postcodes and subway stations nearest to the job. These will then be avaiable for selecting for each job.
3. Next go to Jobs -> Employers and add as required. Note: Employers must be activated in the Settings -> Employers in order to post active jobs. If not activated, Employers can still add jobs but they will not be visible.
4. Next go to Jobs -> Types and add as required, e.g. Full Time, Part Time, Casual etc.
5. Next go to Jobs -> Groups and add as required, e.g. Finance, Engineering, Construction etc.
6. Next go to Jobs -> Categories and add as required, e.g. Aerospace, Automotive, Oil & Gas etc.
7. Next go to Jobs and add as required. Jobs can be set as Exclusive and Featured - they will be grouped separately in the respective Exclusive and Featured lists (separate blocks) and shown with the respective tags in the jobs lists. The job listing date is shown for information after the job is saved and can be used for filtering in the list. Location is straightforward, however if you enter the address - it will be used for search and filtering. If you have a LocationIQ API Token and wish to show maps, (after saving the token in Settings) you can use the LocationIQ geocoding service to search for the appropriate address and save the job latitude and longitude coordinates to be used for showing the job on the map on the job block. A primary image is most recommended but optional - it will be shown in the job listing, the employer logo images are optional and are only shown on the job block. The detail page is where all job info with a job block will be displayed - it's created automatically after saving the job. Note: job page can be deleted and recreated without loss of data.
8. Next go to Job parent page and edit the job list block to suit - various info can be turned on/off.
9. You can go to each job page and edit the job block to suit if required - various info can be turned on/off. Alternatively, job block defaults can be set in the Job Page Page Type.
10. You can add job types and groups blocks throughout the site as required. Note: the job types and groups blocks always link to the Jobs parent page.
11. Job Seekers can be viewed in Settings -> Job Seekers. You can view, print and turn on/off the Resume.
- Only full stop '.' can be used as decimal separator in settings input fields in Dashboard!
- Add-on is styled for use with Bootstrap theme.
- Admin must manually add job seeker users to Job Seekers group and employer users to Employers group in Dashboard -> Members -> username
- All identifiers, i.e. job unique ID, employer, type, group, category, country, state/region, city, district, postcode, subway station must be unique strings.
- 2 colors for job icons are provided in the ab_jobs/img folder. They are set in the job and job list blocks controller.php.
- Multilingual support is not provided out of the box and is not included in the package cost. Multilingual setup is possible, however it requires changes in code and can only be provided as paid support.
- Purpose of the 'Locations' Dashboard page is only to help the user remember or quickly see which locations are available (if they want to do that) instead of checking each individual country, state, city etc., the made locations are not used anywhere else in the package.
- Min Price filter uses the base price, not the sale price
- LocationIQ map and geocoding services require API Token which you can obtain after registering at https://locationiq.com/