GroupsBrowser Info Environment
I am wondering about groups. Can I assign multiple groups to one location? Then is there a way for the user to filter the map via the groups? Say for example I want to find a location that offers a certain service, I could select that service/group? But one location may offer several different services.
Also, is the map responsive?
Thanks for your help, I have been waiting for this addon!
- You can assign multiple groups to one location, yes.
- However, at the moment you can only filter a map by one group. The main purpose of the groups is to just to be able to create separate maps, with different sets of locations.
- There's nothing in place to allow for further filtering by the user. Although I have been asked about such a feature before, it's actually very complex to add, both in terms of the actual Google Map side of things as well as how it would look (everyone would have a different view as to how the filter would look).
- One low tech solution to filtering would be to simply have multiple maps/pages, and add a basic navigation between them.
- The map is responsive in that it will aim to fill 100% of the container it is in. (the height is fixed like the built in google map block). So you can use it in a responsive theme without any issues.
I appreciate your questions here. I will consider the filtering aspect further as it's not the first time I've been asked about it, but as I've said it's actually pretty complicated to add!
I will consider it next time I work on the block, but I don't think that will be for quite a while.