Magic Heading will magically:
- Insert a heading based on the page name, title, path, and user entered text.
- Change the browser tab title to match the page name, title, path, and user entered text.
- Write the title back to the page meta_title attribute.
- Parse the page to extract a description, and write that back to the page meta_description and C5 collection description.
- Set Facebook title and description metadata.
You have control over:
- The approximate or exact maximum size of the generated description.
- Whether to ignore small fragments of text, and how small.
- What html tags to consider. By default, only <P> paragraph tags are parsed. Additional optional tags include H1 to H6 headings, list elements, table cells, links, form labels and legends.
- Exclude before is a DOM selector (as used by jQuery), to exclude any part of the page before the matching element. By default this is #body, the DOM element that plan yoghurt uses for the ‘Main’ area of the page.
- Exclude any is another DOM selector, to exclude any part of the page that is within the selected element. By default this is #sidebar, the DOM element that plan yoghurt uses for the ‘Sidebar’ area of the page.
- To only parse visible content (or also use any hidden content).
- Whether any existing descriptions should be overwritten.
- Whether the Magic Heading itself should be included (also requires the appropriate heading level tag to be checked).
- Whether repeated elements should be filtered out.