This add-on is also available for Concrete5 5.6
Bundle Mega Menu 5.7+ with YouTube Channel and save $10
This add-on is compatible with Concrete 5.7 & 5.8.
See this add-on in action at: http://c5extras.com/add-ons/mega-menu/ or watch the YouTube video
It's finally here! You can now add a beautiful Mega Menu to your website in just a few clicks. It overcomes the difficulty of multi-level drop-down menus by combining multiple submenus into a single drop-down. This is the ideal way of displaying the navigation menu on larger websites. Usability expert, Jakob Nielsen, recommends the use of Mega Menus:
Given that regular drop-down menus are rife with usability problems, it takes a lot for me to recommend a new form of drop-down. But, as our testing videos show, mega drop-downs overcome the downsides of regular drop-downs. Thus, I can recommend one while warning against the other.
- Jakob Nielsen
This Mega Menu is based on the core Concrete5 "Autonav" block so it uses your existing website structure, but with a number of additional features.
The Mega Menu is perfect for everyone: website managers, web designers and web developers. You can choose from 8 colourful skins, or advanced users can create their own skin. The number of submenu row items is customisable along with the animation effect and animation speed.
It's easy to use, but powerful & flexible. The best of both worlds!
- Cross-browser support
- Uses your existing C5 site structure to automatically update the menu as you add new pages
- Control the ordering of menu items
- Control the number of submenu levels to show
- 8 beautiful skins to choose from (black, blue, green, grey, light blue, orange, red, white)
- Designers can create their own custom skins with a bit of CSS knowledge
- Choose from fade or sliding animated effect
- Control the speed of the animation effect
- Allow menu drop-down by either mouse hover or mouse click
- Uses the "hover intent" jQuery library, so the drop-down menus have a short delay before hiding when the mouse rolls off
- Configure the number of items per row to show
- Position of drop-down menu is automatically adjusted if menu item is near left or right edge of page.
- 1-click to add a drop-down site search tool (with a built-in custom block template)
- Supports multiple menus on the same page
- Adds 4 new page attributes:
- Hide children from Mega Menu
- Replace link with first child in Mega Menu
- Don't link in navigation (ideal for creating text-only headings)
- Mega Menu access key
- Customisable keyboard shortcuts (uses browser "access keys" - usually ALT or ALT+CTRL and a single letter)
- Easily add your own advanced custom menu items (with some HTML/PHP knowledge)
- Developers/designers can create all sorts of custom formatting since each element in menu is given unique classes using the Collection (Page) ID. This could be used to apply a custom background image for a specific submenu or even an individual menu item.
- New fade-in animation once page is fully loaded so IE users will not see partially loaded menu.
- Uses jQuery, not Flash, for super-fast load time + iPhone/iPad support
- Easily create your own custom skin with no technical skills. Now with 20 customisable colours! Linear gradient effects included (with IE support)
- Easy turn on or off rounded corners on your sub menus as well as drop shadows.
- Stack/Scrapbook integration means you can add multiple blocks WITHIN a submenu (top, bottom, left, right) for even more "wow" factor.
- Revamped custom skin feature for improved upgrade compatibility in the future. All customisations to the skin can be done within the editor interface.
- NEW "responsive" support (can be turned on or off) for mobile devices - the menu collapses into a vertical list.
- NEW "hamburger" support - add a mobile-friendly hamburger icon with plenty of control and display options including specifying breakpoints when the mobile-friendly menu kicks in.
Getting started: demonstration of Mega Menu (14:28)
Advanced: Extended Menu, custom skins & more (6:39)
Designers: unlimited customisations with custom skins (9:42)
Attention Theme Designers:
If you sell your themes on the Concrete5 Marketplace and would like to bundle the Mega Menu with your theme, please contact me.
All documentation for the new Mega Menu 5.7+ is exactly the same as our 5.6 version - all features are the same (wherever 5.7+ makes them available). So if you've used our 5.6 version, you'll know how to use this new one for 5.7+.
Check out more of our quality Concrete5 add-ons at our website and follow us on Twitter for exclusive discounts.