Real Estate Property Listing add-on
- Intuitive setup
- Extensive options to add properties, groups, categories, constructions, countries, regions, cities, subway stations
- Dashboard page with lots of features and fine tune settings and options
- Comes with blocks: property lists (normal, random), property, property groups (with sidebar template) and property categories (with sidebar template)
- NEW Property List Map block added (Note: it requires groups called 'Sell', 'Rent' and 'Exchange')
- Random property list block added
- Inquiry form which sends emails set on Settings page
- Basic and advanced detail filters, search and sort, tons of options
- Turn on/off info to display in blocks
- Exclusive, featured and all property listing
- Rental properties with price rules
- Image gallery for each property
- LocationIQ maps and geocoding*
- Responsive design
- English and Russian language
- Verified to work with C5 8.3.2 - 8.5.0
- Option to install sample content
How to install
1. Unzip add-on file in your site's packages/ folder
2. Login to your site as an administrator
3. Find "Add Functionality" page in Dashboard
4. Find this package in list of packages Awaiting installation
5. Click "Install" button
How to use
1. After installing the package, go to Settings. You can set a different parent page for the properties to be published under. You can set and change system defaults there. LocationIQ API Token is also set there. You can delete either all properties or all package content from the database. You can also install sample content to help you get started with the package. Note: you can uninstall and reinstall the package without loss of database content. However, after this all property pages will have to be regenerated. Regeneration is also required if a different parent page is selected.
2. Next go to Locations and add countries, regions, cities and subway stations nearest to the properties. These will then be avaiable for selecting for each property.
3. Next go to Properties -> Groups and add as required, e.g. Sell, Rent, Exchange etc.
4. Next go to Properties -> Categories and add as required, e.g. Apartment, House, Land etc.
5. Next go to Properties -> Constructions and add as required, e.g. Brick, Concrete, Timber etc.
6. Next go to Properties and add as required. Properties can be set as Exclusive and Featured - they will be grouped separately in the respective Exclusive and Featured lists and shown with the respective tags in the property lists. If property is new, it can be seleted and it will be shown with a 'New' tag in the lists. The property listing date is shown for information after the property is saved and can be used for filtering in the list. Prices are straightforward, you can set a base price and a sale price. Additional price rules can be set but obviously only for properties for rent. Note: the price rule name must be unique and min days must start from the base price or previous rule + 1 day (you can drag the rules up/down). Make sure the min/max days of price rules are sorted in ascending order, otherwise the price table will look weird. The last price rule max days is not required. Features are straightforward - select as required. Same with descriptions, however they are shown only in the property block on the property page where more info is provided. Location is straightforward, however if you enter the address - it will be used for search and filtering. If you have a LocationIQ API Token and wish to show maps, (after saving the token in Settings) you can use the LocationIQ geocoding service to search for the appropriate address and save the property latitude and longitude coordinates to be used for showing the property on the map on the property block. At least a primary image is most recommended - this is what will be shown in the property listing, the secondary are optional. The detail page is where all property info with a property block will be displayed - it's created automatically after saving the property. Note: property page can be deleted and recreated without loss of data.
7. Next go to Properties parent page and edit the property list block to suit - various info can be turned on/off.
8. Next go to each property page and edit the property block to suit if required - various info can be turned on/off. Alternatively, property block defaults can be set in the Real Estate Property Page Type.
9. You can also add property groups and categories blocks throughout the site as required. Note: the property groups and categories blocks always links to the Properties parent page.
- Only full stop '.' can be used as decimal separator in settings input fields in Dashboard!
- Add-on is styled for use with Bootstrap theme.
- All identifiers, i.e. property name, property unique ID, group, category, construction, country, region, city, subway station, must be unique strings.
- 2 colors for property feature icons is provided in the ab_real_estate/img folder. They are set in the property and property list blocks's view.php and in the properties single page.
- Multilingual support is not provided out of the box and is not included in the package cost. Multilingual setup is possible, however it requires changes in code and can only be provided as paid support.
- Purpose of the 'Locations' Dashboard page is only to help the user remember or quickly see which locations are available (if they want to do that) instead of checking each individual country, state, city etc., the made locations are not used anywhere else in the package.
- Min Price filter uses the base price, not the sale price
- LocationIQ map and geocoding services require API Token which you can obtain after registering at https://locationiq.com/