Universal Content Puller can pull content from a range of Content Sources, transform that pulled content using a range of Content Transforms, then display the transformed content using a range of Content Displays.
Once installed, you will have:
- A Universal Content Puller block in the Basic block group.
- Dasboard pages at Dashboard > Stacks & Blocks > Universal Content Puller
Some of the things you can do with Universal Content Puller:
- Use Parent Area to implement a set of common sidebars for each region of your site, in the same way as UCP has been used to provide a common sidebar for these documentation pages.
- Use Child Area to prepended a blog list with some actual content from the most recent blog post.
- Show third party CSV files as formatted tables.
- Show CSV files in the concrete5 file manager as formatted tables.
- Pull in snippets of content and tables from other sites.
- Generate page lists and user lists with full control of what information is displayed.
- Pull files of data from anywhere on the web or from the concrete5 file Manager.
- Show JSON data as formatted lists or tables.
- Extract data from XML or RSS feeds and show it in lists or tables.
- Pull using SQL from any database - requires Universal Content Puller XX Sources (Free)
- Do any of the above with AJAX.
Have a look through the available Content Sources, Content Transforms and Content Displays. These can be mix and matched for boundless possibilities.
1. Select a Content Source to pull
- Stacks and Global Areas
- Areas of pages in the site (by page, parent or child)
- Files from the file manager
- From a page list or user list
- Files from anywhere by path or URL
- Query any database with SQL - requires Universal Content Puller XX Sources (Free)
2. Transform it with a Content Transform
- Markdown to HTML
- Add line breaks
- Table from CSV, HTML, XML, JSON or Text lines
- Extract from CSS or XML by selectors into text or multi-dimensional array
3. Display it with a Content DIsplay
- Multi Level List
- Serialized Data
- Embedded JSON data
4. When displaying array data
- Add Headings
- Direct or AJAX and AJAX marker
- Direct or Cache
- Autolink and Auto-Image
- Block wrapper element and class
- Edit mode and recursion markers
Universal Content Puller is designed for extension. Content sources, transforms and displays follow a pluggable and extensible architecture for easy integration of further sources, transforms and displays from within UCP or provided by third party packages or your own application specific plugins.