Frontend Dashboard replicates the styling of the concrete5 Dashboard pages. Whilst Frontend Dashboard could be used as a full site theme, the primary purpose of Frontend Dashboard is as a supplementary theme.
Use Frontend Dashboard to style pages of information for site editors and administrators. Anything from management information to a built in user guide can be better expressed when visually associated with the dashboard rather than the primary theme of your site.
Some ideas for using Frontend Dashboard:
- Create an in-site user guide for your site editors and adminsitrators
- Add project management information such as calendars
- Add conversation blocks or a forum addon as an administrators and editors discussion area
- Add a chat block addon as an administrators and editors chat area
- Let editors and administrators add or extend frontend dashboard pages to document and share what they have been doing
- Create forms for editors and administrators to submit. For example, weekly reports, timesheets.
- Have a site editors and administrators blog
- A team-building resource for your site editors and administrators
For most sites, you will want to use permissions to ensure only site editors and administrators can view frontend dashboard pages.
Block Types and Templates
- Button dropdown template for core Autonav
- Button dropdown template for Manual Nav (free addon)
- Button dropdown template for Nestable Manual Nav (free addon)
- Dashboard Button block, to create bootstrap navigation buttons with icons
- Frontend Dashboard Pages block, to provide a navigation index of Frontend Dashboard pages
- Template for Frontend Dashboard Pages block to list by tag
- Alert, Dismissable Alert, Well and Panel templates for the core autonav block
- Integration with dashboard favourites
- Integration with dashboard help
- Dashboard page to index all Frontend Dashboard pages
- Pages stay usable when dashboard slideout is active (no modal overlay or slide left)
Detailed description, documentation and capabilities are provided on the demonstration site.
- Full Width
- Left Sidebar
- Right Sidebar
- Right Sidebar 4
- Right Sidebar 5
- Two Columns
- Three Columns