Reinstall!Browser Info Environment
Also, the parallex doesn't seem to work or something for my site.
Last thing I get an error page for my "file manager" link in settings
I'll try to answer your questions:
1. Reinstalling the theme:
If you go to Dashboard -> Pages & Themes -> Themes, you should see all themes that are currently installed.
You can install a new theme by going to Dashboard -> Extend concrete5 -> Add Functionality.
If the theme is not listed under "Awaiting installation", make sure your site is connected to the community (Dashboard -> Extend concrete5 -> Connect to the community).
If your site is connected to the community but you can't see the theme under "Awaiting installation", log in to your concrete5.org account, go to My Account -> Projects, and check that the theme license is assigned to your project/site. If the license is assigned to an old project, you can release the license from that project and assign it to your new project.
2. In order for the parallax effect to work, make sure that the "Parallax Backgrounds" attribute is activated.
There is more info in the the theme documentation and in the "Getting Started" tutorial:
3. I'm afraid the "file manager" error is not related to the theme (especially if you even get this error with the theme uninstalled). The "file manager" is a system page, so maybe you could try updating concrete5 to the latest version or reinstalling concrete5 if the problem is not solved after updating. Anyway, if you can copy & paste the exact error message you get, or maybe provide a screenshot, I'll have a look and try to help.
more about how concrete works! So thank you for the help.
I have the license added to my site project, and on my website it says that
my Long story short theme is installed, however...when I go to the "theme" setting page through my website, it doesn't show up at all.
2. How can I enable "Parallex" to be operable on my site?
Thanks again for the help!
glad I could help :)
Could you double check this:
- If you log in to your site and go to Extend concrete5 -> Add Functionality, is the theme listed there? And is it listed under "Currently installed" or "Awaiting installation"?
- If you go to Pages & Themes -> Themes, can you see the theme there?
If you can see the theme package under "Currently Installed", but can't see the theme under "Themes", then you probably removed the theme (in the Themes section), but you did not uninstall it (in the Add Functionality section).
To make the theme available again, you'll need to uninstall it and reinstall it again:
1. First go to Extend concrete5 -> Add Functionality.
2. Click on the Details button, next to the theme package.
3. Click on "Uninstall package". You'll be asked if you are sure about removing the package: click on Unistall again (you can leave the "move package to trash" checkbox unselected).
4. Now you should see the theme package under "awaiting installation". Click on install.
5. Once installed, now you should see the theme again under "pages & themes -> themes".
As for enabling the parallax effect, after activating the theme visit your web page, click on the Gear icon, select attributes, and choose the "Parallax Backgrounds" attribute. Once you've added this attribute, choose the "Enabled via CSS" option.
You'll need to have at least one background image applied to one of your slides to see the effect.
There is more info and screenshots in the getting started tutorial:
Hope this helps,
I very much appreciate your walk-through help.
2. So I followed the steps you gave me for uploading a background image for my site,
but when I click "choose new file" I just get a "loading cursor" image, and the window to select a file never appears. I've tried it on multiple computers, but still no window to upload.
Do you recommend I reinstall concrete5 altogether?
you're welcome :)
There seems to be an error with the file manager. Maybe you could check the /files directory permissions. They should be set as described in point 4:
If this does not work, then maybe it's better to reinstall concrete5.