Setting up the Categories
To add a Category to post articles under, add a new top level page and select the Category page type. Enter a name for your page (the name of the category), a description, and save the page. Articles will be subpages of your Category pages.
Creating an Article/Post
To create an Article, add a new subpage under a Category page. Select the Article page type. Enter the Name and description of the Article and save. To associate a Feature Image with an article (the image used in page list display), put the page in Edit Mode and click on Properties. Then click on the Custom Attributes tab. Add the Feature Image attribute. Choose the image you want to use. Hit save, exit Edit Mode and Publish. Note: Images will be automatically sized and cropped. Images should be at least 930px wide to be used for Feature Posts Slider.
Setting up the Home Page
- Apply the Home page type to the Home page (put the home page in Edit mode and click the Design tab in the concrete5 toolbar. Select the Home page type and save.)
- Create the Feature Posts Slider: Add a Page List block to the Feature area. Under Number and Types of Pages select Article page type. Under Filter, select Featured Pages Only (if you haven't created the Featured attribure yet, go to Dashboard->Pages and Themes->Attributes and create a new check box attribute with the handle is_featured and the name Featured). Under Location in Website choose Everywhere. Under Sort Pages choose 'with the most recent first.' Then Save. After the block has been added, click on the block again and choose Custom Template. Select Feature Posts Slider from the drop down and Save.
- Adding the Category article lists: Add a Page List block for each of your Categories in the Column One and Column Two areas. To configure those page list blocks, under Number and Page Types display 3 (or whatever # you want to display) pages of Article page type. Under Location in Website select 'beneath another page' and then choose the category page you want to display articles from. Under Sort Pages choose 'with the most recent first.' Check the Truncate Summaries box and save. After the block has been added, click on the block again and choose Custom Template. Select Category Feature Posts from the drop down and Save.
- Adding a Secondary Posts page list: This is another custom template for the page list block that outputs the feature image to the left and the article title, meta info and description to the right. Add a page list block and configure it however you want. After the block has been added, click on the block again and choose Custom Template. Select Secondary Posts from the drop down and Save.
Adding your own logo
If the stack Site Name isn't already created in your site, go to Dashboard->Stacks & Blocks and add a new stacked named Site Name. Then simply add a content or image block to that stack with your logo in it.
- Headings in the sidebar are H3s. To add a heading, add a content block and enter your heading. Highlight the text and select Heading 3 from the paragraph drop down.
- Adding a Recent Posts list: Add a page list block to the sidebar. Configure it to display pages of Article page type located everywhere and with the most recent first. Save the block. After the block has been added, click on the block again and choose Custom Template. Select Posts List from the drop down and Save.
- Adding a Recent Comments block: Add a Recent Comments block and enter # of comments to display.
Floating Images to Left or Right of Content
Add a content block to an area. Enter your content. Then click Add Image to add an image in that content block. Once the image is added, select the image and choose left or right from the Styles dropdown. Or, you can just add class="left" or class="right" to the img tag in the html view.