- File Manager Improvements, including:
- Bulk editing is available for file attributes (not just sets any longer.)
- Bulk editing of both sets and attributes is automatically presented post upload.
- More useful file sets in the file manager, including the ability to search by multiple set, and files which don't appear in any sets.
- Added support for multiple scrapbooks. Removed the arbitrary difference between "user" and "global" scrapbook in the dashboard.
- SEO Improvements
- Modify getLinkToCollection method to returning page paths with trailing slashes in all cases. This should fix page list block, other blocks.
- Made file and page links in content block returning paths with trailing slashes
- Modified the View::url() method to add trailing slashes, hopefully resulting in the correction of all URLs generated by applications.
- Non canonical URLs will be redirected to their canonical counterparts via header 301
- When visiting a page that is restricted and then logging in, the canonical URL will be used rather than the cID
- You can now provide your own page type icons by uploading files to a "Page Type Icons" file set.
- Added width and height options to the Editor Settings area in the general settings of the dashboard
- Add max width and max height options to image block.
- Forgot password no longer puts the password in the email. Instead it creates a one-time URL that is used to change the user's password. This URL also expires in 2 hours.
- Add Functionality Usability Tweaks, including much better presentation in IE 7.
- Add captcha to built-in register form
- Include robots.txt with distribution.
Major Bug Fixes
- Should include support for Secunia Advisory SA35613, XSS and CSRF security bugs
- Fixed a major security hole brought about by legacy concrete5 support, in which arbitrary files on a user's file system could be displayed.
- Fix bugs in TinyMCE link substitution and image substitution routines where the same text gets screwed up when edited multiple times.
- Better feedback when uploading files through file manager, including:
- Will tell you when a file is discarded because it exceeds max_upload_filesize
- Will Show you relevant settings when an error occurs
- Will not report that the problem is token-based when it is not.
- Should show you an error and not insert a file when a file cannot be written to the drive due to permissions, disk space, etc...
Additional Behavioral Improvements
- HTML block should use a bigger width, height.
- When visiting a page you're not allowed to visit, and logging in, you should redirected back to that page.
- Improvements to sitemap.xml generator and search indexer
- All internal pages are now excluded from sitemap.xml
- All internal pages are now excluded from search index
- Edit custom template is now bound to write permission instead of admin permission
- Added Date Added, Active Version to files in file manager.
- concrete5 will now attempt to create the cache directory if it doesn't exist.
- A message now informs IE 6 users that their browser is unsupported when they sign in.
- Log in and Log out now appears in Plain Yogurt and Green Salad themes.
Additional Bug Fixes
- Fixing bugs with file manager metadata selection
- Fixing some bugs when base href set in a site's theme.
- All regular HTML/PHP pages shown in concrete5 should now be shown with the character set specified in the header, to fix certain IE 6-related bugs.
- Fixed a page list preview problem where too many pages were shown when is_featured is required in the page list block.
- Made the automatic email "from" address generated from your base url more reliable.
- Form closing tag should be included on view template for survey block in all cases.
- Duplicating a page with a form block now will correctly create a new entry in the forms reports section in the dashboard and not merge the new forms.
- Improvements to non validated user flow.
- Disabled google map block in edit mode to allow for easier drag and drop
- Fixing a problem with quotes in page titles.
- Fixing error in file set slideshow that was retrieving the height attribute by name rather than handle, leading to a fatal error in some systems.
- Fix job date last run error when MySQL is in strict mode
- Fixes bug in aliases support where certain aliases would disappear from navigation elements.
- Fix error with autoloaded block items when overriding just the view.php in the local web root. (gallery block)
- If a custom template is used that does not have its own directory, core view autoload items will be loaded (if they exist)
- Fix alias display order bug
- Fixed bugs with linking to pages on the site in the content block.
- Exclude from Nav & Page List Block - Checking 'Exclude from Nav' in page properties should also exclude that page from the Page List block
- Fix presentation issues in dashboard with statistics graph and overlays.
- Fixed problem in upgrade helper that, when upgrading from 5.2 to 5.3, would not create some pages in the dashboard
- Translation text fixes, better localization of some strings that were in config files
- Fixing mail character issues in something mail applications.
- Fix "defaults" page sometimes incorrectly showing which pages had aliased blocks, and then throwing an error upon submission.
- Make sure swfobject is enabled for profile flash
- Fixed bug with delete block making it impossible to delete pages (On Page Delete, unable to load sitemap.)
- File Manager Replace dialog no longer blank in Internet Explorer
- Added support for "on_user_change_password" system event. Fires independently of on_user_update and gives the password in its arguments.
- Support for package uninstall, including auto-uninstall of blocks, pages, etc.. Packages can also define an uninstall() method.
- All core blocks should now us inc() to ensure that the correct files are always included
- Certain core elements can be overridden in the local scope more accurately
For me personally this is the only thing stopping me from using concrete on new projects because I don't have the time to rewrite all of my scripts for jQuery.
Regardless, it's very nice to see such an active CMS other than the big 2 or 3, well done.
only thing keeping you from using your other libraries as well is bloat.
I'm sure this is an easy one:
The ability to add more than one style in the editor. I am currently adding to styles to divs using HTML editor, which is okay for me but not so great for clients.