CHANGES SINCE 5.2.0RC2:
Bug Fixes and Behavioral Improvements
- Update form_results link in submission email template
- Fixing bug that occurred occasionally when saving dashboard notes
- fixing getcontents to work better with local files
- When adding/editing a form block, the select menu only shows the last item in the list.
- Make $html->image helper able to automatically determine image size, and it looks in several places for the image
- Fixing problems with the event model, adding support for package level on_start event, which enables global application events
- Fix block refresh on a packaged block returning "no block by that name found in core blocks directory"
- Implement on_file_upload
- Fixed Log() class so it's more sane to use.
WHAT'S NEW IN 5.2.0:
- Customizable themes. Designers/coders can edit the stylesheet to include editable styles, which site owners can then modify with easy tools. Watch a screencast about the theme customizer. Information about how to code your themes to take advantage of the customizer is coming soon.
- Integration with the concrete5 marketplace, hosted at concrete5.org. Browse addons and themes directly in your c5 installation, and even preview how your content will look in these themes. (Note: this can be disabled.)
- Much improved performance: c5 now includes a caching engine that dramatically reduces the number of database queries made and, consequently, the amount of processing power and time required to render a c5 page.
Other Feature Updates
- You can set a global "tracking code" through the dashboard (useful for adding Google Analytics or some other statistics code to your website.)
- You can now upload a favicon for your site through an interface in your dashboard.
- You can control the rich text editor's toolbar set using options in the dashboard.
- Page List block can display "featured" pages with a new checkbox option.
- Stronger security: All c5 operations now use a security token, in addition to strict security measures used previously. This should eliminate any vulnerability to CSR attacks.
- The dashboard has been better organized, with many different options consolidated.
- The super user (admin) is now able to sign in as other users.
- In-page popups should be draggable in supported browsers (IE7, IE8, Firefox - a jQuery UI problem prevents them from being draggable in Safari.)
- Form and Guestbook blocks now have captcha support.
- Checkbox list is now included as an option in the form block, instead of list box.
Bug Fixes and Behavioral Improvements
- Page attributes of type "date" were completely unusable. This has been fixed.
- The dashboard makes certain permissions limitations clear, rather than just silently failing to perform certain operations.
- Better spellchecker helper support.
- If a block includes the file "scrapbook.php," that will be shown for that block when it is in the scrapbook.
- Fixed loader::element so that it looks locally first, then globally.
- Lots of advanced permissions fixes for more advanced usage of C5.
- The dashboard button will not be shown if the dashboard is inaccessible.
- Dashboard pages automatically grab their subpages for their second level nav (or they use the $subnav array.)
- Autonav block: fixed error where getting pages at the current level failed at the top level.
- Autonav block: If autonav returns the first page, we don't return cID=1 instead we just link to the top level of your site.
- Autonav block: if the autonav is working at the first level of your site, the home page will be grouped in with the results (and can then be excluded if desired.)
- Removed "Unable to load sitemap" when closing a node in the dashboard.
- Fixed an inability to delete page types.
- Fixed group selector paging bug where lists and paging didn't match up
- Fixed advanced permissions so that block level permissions TRULY filter all the way from area to page.
- Fixed page permissions sheet to not show "add user/group" button unless the page is set to manual permissions
- Fixing bug where c5 cannot be installed directly into a relative directory with spaces (session bug)
- add/update group now checks for group name prior to adding/updating
- Fix ccm_validateblock to clear itself out when closing the block dialog window, fixes problems with using certain blocks, cancelling them, using another block, and getting an error.
- Disable links in versions/compare iframe
- Fix a bug where the favicon being uploaded wasn't actually pointing to the right file
- Links should be disabled in arrange mode
- C5 does a better job of displaying certain errors when reading from db.xml files in block controllers.
- Made it so that the dialog class and stylesheet can be loaded independently of C5's core, so that app developers can use it as their dialog class.
- Any file included in a block using inc() will grab it's local version of the template. Fixed content block to include editor_config.php using this method.
- Add support for global on_before_render event and on_render_complete.
- Autonav block: Incorporated Remo's autonav attribute, "replace_link_with_first_in_nav."
- Consolidated Concrete5 and Custom Logs because the difference is negligible.
- Incorporated a new page list/item list class, ported page list block over to using it, for better API when dealing with searchable lists
- Ported groups listing over to new page list/item list framework, using pagination helper
- Made MENU_HELP_URL something that can be overridden in config/site.php
- Including captcha helper with simple API
- Add support for $appVersionRequired protected variable to package class. Checked on installation.