Diverse experience in the Computer/Information Technology field with successful deployment of solutions since 1981 that include: Point of Sale, Customer Service, Web Content Management, Records Management as well as horizontal industry sales and deployment of vertical software/hardware solutions. Solution deployments for many different industries: Insurance, Government, Healthcare and others.
Certifications and Training
Document, Image & Records Management: Kofax, TrueArc, Stellent and Fatwire.
Software and Web Development: ASP, Perl, C#, Java, HTML, PHP
Graphics and Design: Photoshop, Fireworks, Flash
Computer Hardware & Networking: Compaq, HP, IBM, Sun, Novell
Frank Matlock Consulting Service, Owner, 2007 to Present
Design and develop attractive, persuasive Web Sites using technology that fits the clients requirements. Design and deploy Content and Records Management solutions. Diagnose and resolve common problems with Windows software and PC hardware. Interact with clients to determine problems and deliver solutions specific to their individual needs. Instruct individuals and groups in basic and advanced computer use.
Fatwire Software, Senior Pre-Sales Field Engineer, 2005 to 2007
Build & deliver high-level and technical pre-sales presentations. Maintain relationship with prospects through pre-purchase into deployment. Co-ordinate the Sales team and Sales Engineering team and meet the requirements of Sales from the Sales Engineering team. Create & host vertical and horizontal web-based education and sales events [Healthcare, travel, financial, Sun Microsystems]. Actively participate in the marketing process through trade show attendance and partner/prospect education events.
Managed Data Systems, Principal ECM Consultant - 2003 to 2005
• Cold call, network and maintain contact with potential clients
• Deliver content/document/records management solutions
• Perform business and system analysis and provide detailed solution proposals.
• Partner with software and hardware vendors to design and offer complete client solutions
Stellent, System Engineer & Professional Services Consultant – 2000 to 2003
Sell and deploy Stellent Content Management System. Respond to RFIs/RFPs and develop proposals. Deliver implementations with OOB and custom-code solutions.
• Team-selling with Regional Account Managers, System Engineers and Partners
• Integrate knowledge of Stellent with prospect’s legacy applications for solution selling
• Prepare & Present solutions to Senior Executives at Fortune 500 and Government orgs.
• Develop and deliver systems to meet the client’s requirements.
• Lead teleconferences with clients, developers and partners.
• Participate in trade shows and user groups
President/Founder, Micro Data Systems of NC – 1985 to 2000
A Traditional Reseller, Consultant for Software, Network and System Design
• Responsible for all sales, marketing and solution deployment activities
• Managed activities of up to 10 employees (Sales staff, Engineering Staff and Office Staff)
• Served as outsourced IT group for many organizations
• Successfully deployed and maintained technology solutions for 15 years
• Develop, Propose and Deliver full technology solutions
• Design and publish web sites. Graphics, HTML, ASP, and PERL development.