1690 out of range error message

Permalink Browser Info Environment
I am having this error message when trying to remove most of my pages from the trash bin in my site map. Since each one is the same and refers to "DiscussionSummary" I am hoping that someone from this forum may have a solution?
"mysqlt error: [1690:BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(xxxx_xxxx'.'DiscussionSummary'.'totalPosts'-1)'] in EXECEUTE("UPDATE DiscussionSummary SET totalPosts=totalPosts-1,lastPostCID=334WHEREcID=330").

I have NO idea where to begin to tackle this, but my tech support from the webhost said " it looks like the website has messed up and is trying to set up list that goes out of bounds."

Any answers or suggestion greatly appreciated... thanks all!

Type: Pre-Sale
w2f
View Replies:
Korvin replied on at Permalink Reply
Korvin
Hi w2f,
It looks like your totalPosts count has gotten messed up somehow, you'll need to reset it to something higher than 0 before the delete.

I suggest taking a full backup of your database, then upping `totalPosts` to 10000 where cID=330. This will allow you to delete your pages like normal. After you're finished, be sure to set the totalPosts back to 0 just in case.

Best wishes,
Korvin
w2f replied on at Permalink Reply
w2f
Hi Korvin,
thank you so much for taking the time to reply. would you please guide me to "where" exactly I go to make this adjustment? ( i'm not that familiar with some things yet).
w2f
Korvin
It's the `totalPosts` column in the `DiscussionSummary` table. The query for that should look like `UPDATE DiscussionSummary SET totalPosts=10000 WHERE cID=330;`

Make sure that your site is FULLY backed up before attempting to manually edit anything in your database. If you are unfamiliar with mysql, you should really have someone who is do it for you.
w2f replied on at Permalink Reply 1 Attachment
w2f
hi Korvin (and C5 Team)
I am still trying to work this out…
Here is what I am looking at when I get to Discussion Summary... not finding where to go from here....
frz replied on at Permalink Reply
frz
You're pretty deep under the hood of the car here and more than what we can really help with as a support thread via remote.
I'd urge you to hire a freelancer from our free job board to get in there and clean everything up the way you want it.http://concrete5.org/community/jobs...
Korvin
I've released version 1.8.8 of discussion forums. This version will allow the delete operation to complete even if the totalPosts count is wrong.

Best wishes,
Korvin
PortlandLabs replied on at Permalink Reply
PortlandLabs
##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Your request (1212) has been received and is being reviewed by our support
staff.

To add additional comments, reply to this email.

[image: concrete5]

*concrete5 Community*

Feb 25, 13:46

concrete5 Environment Information

# concrete5 Version

# concrete5 Packages
Ajax Form (1.3), AJAX Member Directory (1.0.1), Bookmarks (1.1.4), Concrete Bricks Game (1.1.1), Concrete Paving Game (1.1.1), Content Around Image (1.23), Contest (1.2), CSV displayer (1.2), Dashboard Maximizer (2.0.4), Database Backup (1.0), Discussion (1.8.6), Enlil Likes This (1.0.1), Example FAQ (1.2.0), Fancybox links (1.0), Fileset Portfolio (1.1.1), Formidable (2.0.9), Google Gadget (1.0), Html5 Video (1.0.2), Image List Templates (1.0.1), Image Protector (1.0.2), Internationalization (1.3), Keycaptcha (1.0), Likes This! (1.0), List files from set (1.0.4), Login (1.1.1), Mailing List (2.54), Page List Title (2.3), Paypal Donations Box (1.0.1), PHP Info (1.1), Popup Login (1.0.5), Profile Alerts (1.0.0), Recipe Card (1.6.3), Register User Pro (1.3.15), Registrant Group (1.1), Scrapbook Display - Basic (1.4), SWF Document Viewer (1.0), Tag Cloud (1.0.2), tnSpacer (1.3), Users' Pages (1.0.1), Venture (1.0.4), View Directory (1.3), Who's Online (2.2).

# concrete5 Overrides
languages/de_DE, languages/zh_CN, languages/es_AR, languages/pt_PT, languages/it_IT, languages/nl_NL, languages/ja_JP, languages/fa_IR, languages/zh_TW, languages/he_IL, languages/tr_TR, languages/sv_SE, languages/da_DK, languages/ro_RO, languages/vi_VN, languages/sk_SK, languages/es_MX, languages/nb_NO, languages/es_ES, languages/fi_FI, languages/sl_SI, languages/ar, languages/ru_RU, languages/es_PE, languages/fr_FR, languages/el_GR, languages/cs_CZ

# concrete5 Cache Settings
Block Cache - On
Overrides Cache - On
Full Page Caching - Off

# Server Software
Apache

# Server API
cgi-fcgi

# PHP Version

# PHP Extensions
bcmath, bz2, calendar, cgi-fcgi, Core, ctype, curl, date, dom, ereg, exif, filter, ftp, gd, gettext, hash, htscanner, iconv, imap, intl, ionCube Loader, json, libxml, mbstring, mcrypt, mhash, mysql, mysqli, mysqlnd, openssl, pcre, PDO, pdo_mysql, pdo_pgsql, pdo_sqlite, pgsql, Phar, posix, pspell, Reflection, session, SimpleXML, soap, sockets, SPL, SQLite, sqlite3, standard, tidy, tokenizer, xml, xmlreader, xmlrpc, xmlwriter, xsl, Zend Guard Loader, zip, zlib.

# PHP Settings
max_execution_time - 30
log_errors_max_len - 1024
max_file_uploads - 20
max_input_nesting_level - 64
max_input_time - 60
max_input_vars - 1000
memory_limit - 512M
post_max_size - 128M
sql.safe_mode - Off
upload_max_filesize - 128M
mysql.max_links - Unlimited
mysql.max_persistent - Unlimited
mysqli.max_links - Unlimited
mysqli.max_persistent - Unlimited
pcre.backtrack_limit - 1000000
pcre.recursion_limit - 100000
pgsql.max_links - Unlimited
pgsql.max_persistent - Unlimited
session.cache_limiter - nocache
session.gc_maxlifetime - 7200
soap.wsdl_cache_limit - 5

Browser User-Agent String

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/34.0

Hide Post Content

This will replace the post content with the message: "Content has been removed by an Administrator"

Hide Content

Request Refund

You may not request a refund that is not currently owned by you.