Process payments through your concrete5 website using Stripe Checkout.
This add-on allows you to quickly place a payment button that links through to Stripe's Checkout page, with a pre-configured product to purchase. Stripe Checkout handles the complexies of handling and verifying payments, sending a customer back to your site when completed.
Stripe's Checkout page is a highly secure, attractive and mobile-optimised solution for processing payments, giving customers confidence, and removing the complexities of setting up a customized checkout/payment page on your site.
Being able to receive payments on websites is a common request, but setting up a full shopping cart can be tedious and technically challenging. This add-on provides a very simple and robust solution to receive payments, without any setup or recurring costs.
This solution is great for:
- Receiving payments for goods, digital goods, and services
- Receiving payments for event tickets
- Receiving donation payments
- Receiving invoice payments
- Zero initial or on-going costs - you only pay the standard Stripe transaction fee
- Configuration that takes less than two minutes
- PSD2 and Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) compliant, meeting EU regulations
- Supports Credit Cards, iDEAL, Google Pay and Apple Pay
- Can create member accounts on purchase and add members to user groups
- Configurable receipt and notification emails
- Basic stock management
- Allows amounts and a description to be entered, allowing for ad-hoc payments, donations, invoice payments, etc
- Can enable the collection of a billing address and phone number
- Can enable the collection of a shipping address
- Allows for two additional invoice line items, e.g. for listing taxes or extra charges
- No styling tasks required - uses Stripe's well designed Checkout page to process payments
- Highly secure, simplifying the PCI burden
- Supports many common currencies (and all can be supported through extra configuration)
- Automatically formats amounts with currency symbols and prefixes
- Easy to customize and translate
Please be aware that this add-on on:
- does not provide a full shopping cart where multiple products can be purchased at once
- does not handle the calculation of shipping costs
- does not handle discounts or automatic tax application
- does not handle managing products centrally and/or categorisation and listing
- only outputs a payment button - product names, images and descriptions need to be placed directly on pages using concrete5's blocks
If you need a more traditional shopping cart solution, you may wish to investigate the add-on eCommerce with Snipcart, or the open source project Community Store - please contact us if you have questions regarding either.