Applying the File Picker
The File Picker allows you to create a custom list of files in the order you want by selecting them from Concrete's Asset Manager. This is convenient for creating a list of downloads, like a file library.
It's wide range of configurable options allows you to customize it's appearance. This together with a few lines of CSS makes it possible to easily create all kinds of layouts.
File Picker Options explained
The following options are available in the File Picker form:
- Title : Provide your own title for the list (example : 'Downloads')
- Title format : select the format of the title from a list of html tags : h1 - h6, span, strong, div and p.
- Optional CSS classes : add one or more CSS classes to the file - picker allowing you to apply custom CSS without having to create a new template. Seperate each css class with a space like this : 'download-list simple-list'.
- Pagination (checkbox) : use pagination to limit the number of results per page.
- Files per page : provide the maximum number of files to display per page (only when the pagination-option is enabled).
- Title format : select the format of the title of each file from a list of html tags : h2 - h6, span, strong, div and p.
- Link text : provide a text to be used for the 'open file' link, example : 'download this file'.
- File descriptions (checkbox) : show the file descriptions for each file (You can manage file descriptions from Concrete's Asset Manager).
- File descriptions length : truncate file descriptions to a certain length. Leave this box empty or enter a zero to have the full description displayed. This option only works of File Descriptions are enabled(option 3).
- Publishing date (checkbox) : Show the publishing date of each file.
- Display a thumbnail for each file (checkbox) : show a thumbnail for each file (Concrete's defaults thumbnails are used as seen in the Asset Manager).
- File size (checkbox) : Show the file size of each file.
- Times downloaded (checkbox) : shows the number of times a file has been downloaded.
- Show tags (checkbox) : show the tags associated with each file (managable through Concrete's Asset Manager).
- Force download (checkbox) : Force the browser to download files rather than having them open in the browser (also works for images).
- Files: use the 'Add a File' button to select pages from the Asset Manager. You can re-order them by dragging them up or down in the list : place your cursor on the drag-icon of a file in this list to do so. Delete a file from your list by clicking the '×' icon. This will not delete the file from your website, so don't worry.
- Optional title for each file : provide an optional title for each file, this will be used instead of the default title.
Creating custom templates
I put up a simple demo website with an example of a File Picker on the homepage at : filepicker.code-examples.com.