concrete5 has won a lot of fans with our unique approach to problem solving. We have always reminded ourselves that while developers make sites, owners have to live with them. Great websites are really due to that relationship work more than any specific feature. How do you balance elegance with power?
When our community asked for an eCommerce solution, we spent a lot of time looking at what was already out there. What we found was that everything basically solved the problem with the same assumptions. Almost without exception, every solution assumes a category type view and a page detail type view. That's okay, it makes a lot of sense if you've got millions of products to sell, but it didn't feel very elegant or flexible to us.
When you're starting a brick and mortar store, you probably don't start thinking about the aisles. You think about products. What am I going to sell? How can I price, group, and display it in ways that make sense for my customers? You probably have a wide array of display tools, from glass counters to revolving racks, at your disposal to best show off your wares. That's what we worried about with our eCommerce solution. How do you build a really nice boutique, design centric store online? There's enough solutions for Wal*Mart already.
Most of the people who love concrete5 are using it for medium sized sites, small businesses, budding entrepreneurs, etc. Their ideas and needs change from day to day. The need to quickly manage huge quantities of products is secondary to formatting, design, and flexibility.
We created a Product Block that you can put anywhere you want in the site. Yes, it can be associated with one default page, and it can even create that page for you, but you're not forced to use it. You can place the Product Block anywhere you like, and change all sorts of formatting options around it to create different experiences. Designers can dream up websites that present goods and services in any way they please, without having to battle with the tech guys to hide irrelevant category and search interfaces.
eCommerce for concrete5 is a flexible building platform designed to manage small design focused eCommerce sites. If you need to sell a thousand or less products and really care about how your eCommerce site looks, this is a great solution for you.
Our goal is to make eCommerce as great a platform for selling stuff as concrete5 is for managing content.
-Franz Maruna, CEO
- Product block with extendable meta attributes & customer choices.
- Product sets for grouping products (for organization, discounts, and more.)
- Customer choices on products can change the price of a product in any number of ways.
- Multiple images for every product.
- Flexible discounts, including free shipping, total-based and product-based.
- A wide variety of payment gateways and custom shipping modules.
- Product Image hovers, callouts & overlays.
- Order history Integration with the built-in concrete5 user profile
- Support any currency.
- Tiered/volume pricing
- Price modifiers on custom attributes.
- Minimum order payment amount.
- Checkout without being a user.
- Extendable payment gateways.
- Extendable order attributes. Track lots of different data about your customers.
- Works with PayPal and Authorize.net out of the box.
- Add users to multiple groups on specific purchases.
- Product List block with powerful searching and formatting options.
- Recently viewed products.
- Most popular products.
- Specific searches.
- Products under this page.
- Sale/special pricing.
- Catalog promotional pricing by percentage or fixed amount.
- Flat rate shipping with base price and per item cost.
- Sales tax: Specify products as taxable, and charge percentage of those products' value based on a particular country, state/province and postal code combination. Sales tax can also display during checkout without actually being charged.
- Basic Inventory Management: Automatically subtract in-stock quantities when an item is purchased, or shipped.
- Order search and export
- Available in English and French