After installing the blocks on the desired pages (just like any other c5 block):
- The editor is easy to load -- one click -- and allows editing in-place (not just "in-context"). All site styles apply during editing, and seeing how the new text works with other text on the page is automatic. Is a title too wide for the width of the text box? Does too much text push another block below the fold? When editing in-place, these answers are just part of normal editing.
- The designer/administrator has absolute control over which formatting the editor can use. Options like background color and font-face aren't even possible, and of those available, the administrator can configure what is shown to the editor. Currently available formatting options are:
- Standard formatting: bold, italic, underline
- Lists: ordered lists, unordered lists
- Blocks / Headings: Paragraph (always available), H1, H2, H3, H4
- Classes: A drop-down of classes is fully configurable
- Links, Images, and Files: Selected from the sitemap and the file manager, with concrete5 fileset filtering available
If there is more than one Simple Content block on the page, these can be edited at the same time (just click the edit button on each block).